Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

black
    02 z28 camaro

im sickntired of this, plz help!!!!

im sick n tired of this and im fealing really bad w/ about my car, i know i shouldnt have personal feeling it but we've been through thick n thin!!! Unfortunately my girl tahoe needs repairing and is in the shop this moment and she is borrowing my maro at this time. worst of all, she thinks the car is a pinata!!! n e ways, this is the second time this has happened,

1) about 6-8 month ago, it started stalling n backfiring, had troubleshooting codes scanned:sumabout coolant , both O2s(no cats), running rich and a valve. had a mechanic take a look and checked comp. valves, springs, rockers, heads OK

Fix: coolant temp sensor on the side of the head and car has been OK
    Until...

2) still doin the same thing n i already changed coolant temp sensor n oil

now im not sure but i think it has sum to do with the mission cats and me having to tune/delete the o2s codes or sumthin. please n e one w/ same prob n fix tell me how

I have a friend that has a friend that is the supervisor mech at a mazda dealership, but the guy is fbody fanatic and would be willing to work on it at the dealership as he is the manager but im scared about the $$$$ ill have to fork up!!!! thanx for lookin n replyin!!!!!

11 years of bangin gears cammed goat's Avatar

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO M6

OK. Have you checked you MAF sensor at all? The simpleist thing is most often overlooked. The MAF will cause bucking and backfiring. Clean it with CRC MAF cleaner and run the car. Also, are you running a K&N? This too will cause an issue with your MAF as the oil will coat the neede in the MAF making the computer go nuts.

1999 Formula WS6 M6-sold
    2001 Silverado Z71

You should have the car tuned for your mods but that probably not the whole problem here.
    Specifically, what codes do you now?

1999 Formula WS6 M6-sold
    2001 Silverado Z71

I agree, MAF might need to be cleaned

Pewter
    2002 Trans Am WS6

Regarding it backfiring, mine started backfiring and wouldn't always turn over on the first attempt. When I was having this problem, it didn't happen everytime I would try an start it, but when it did, it sounded like a freakin shotgun, and was embarrasing as hell.

I took it to my mechanic to have him take a look at it, as it wasn't throwing any codes. Turns out, it was my cam sensor that was bad. Replaced that with a new one and haven't had any issues since.

Hope this helps atleast some. Good luck finding the culprit.

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

Like Cammed said, start by cleaning the MAF. Use CRC MAF Cleaner that you can buy at any autoparts store. Also, get a scanner on that thing and check the codes. If you bagged the cats you will get a code from the rear O2's -- you can ignore it. All they do is tell the PCM if the cats are working and do not affect how the vehicle runs. Granted, your exhaust will be a bit more free flowing but it should not cause the vehicle to run like crap.

Check your air filter -- is it clean? Anything gunking up your air tract or throttle body? If so, clean them and see if there is any difference in how the engine runs. I agree that the ECT sender would cause a problem as that provides feedback to the PCM. Have your buddy hook it up to a scanner to be sure that it is working properly.

Let us know what you find.

------------------------------------------------

I type too slow.

black
    02 z28 camaro

i already did the CRC MAF S Cleaner and i am running a knn, not to many mod though; fra, knn filter, egr delete, spacer, msd wires, n no cats. other than that, my car is bone stock on 120,XXXmiles. n thanks for ur quick rplys, ive been out for quite a while n do appreciate the luv

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO M6

Well, with the car running, have you tried tapping on the MAF to see if the stumbling goes away?

black
    02 z28 camaro

the first time i took it to the mech, he said the coolant temp was reading my engine was running too cold, thus sending more fuel (hence the smell in the inside the car). when i start the car and runnit it will work jus fine after a while. after that while, if i stop at a crossway or stop light, as soon i step on the pedal it will start "backfiring" and will not drive as it should either w/ a light pedal or heavy pedal. when it starts gaining momentum as i go onto the hiway it stops the crappy shit?

black
    02 z28 camaro

running as in the car turned on, then No!!! it doesnt do it while in park much nor neutral for that matter but i check in to that as soon as i can

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO M6

If you haven't had the car tuned, get that done.

Black
    1999 TA WS.6

I'm not seeing any modifications screaming you need a tune, but you might benefit from a mail order and it would be much cheaper. Can you list specifically what codes are being thrown at the current moment? Its a guessing game on anyone's part over the Internet without codes to go on.

White
    1998 FireBird Formula

I had a issue kind of like that when i bought my car, the guy removed the egr and the rear cats but never had it tuned, the whole 300+mile drive home with the car smelled like gas inside the car and it just ran like garbage, sputtering, had no power, it was bad... anyways i had the car tuned to remove the egr and rear cats from the PCM and that definatly helped with the smell. From what i have read with the egr removed and not deleted from the pcm the car will run extremly rich, so you might want to change your plugs also..

and mine did the same thing with being in park and neutral it seemed ok, as soon as i put it in gear it seemed like it wanted to die.

and i might of missed it but exactly what all ses codes are you getting?

ʢ ൧ ൨ ൩ ൪ ൫ ൬ ൭ ൮Ր Ց Ւ Փ Smittro's Avatar

White
    2008 Hummer H3

When you sprayed your MAF did you disconnect it?
    :\Users\Steven\Pictures\d6ftg5nh.gif

Suggestion: If you are particularly irritated by another member's posting habits and are constantly fighting the urge to flame them, you can click on that person's profile, and select "Add to ignore list." This will make that person's posts invisible to you.

Red
    '99 Firebird Trans Am WS6

First thing you should do: Learn English.

ʢ ൧ ൨ ൩ ൪ ൫ ൬ ൭ ൮Ր Ց Ւ Փ Smittro's Avatar

White
    2008 Hummer H3

Question

Quote Originally Posted by Nero.Jacinth View Post
    First thing you should do: Learn English.
    Whom??

black
    02 z28 camaro

i removed the whole housing off of the air tube which i had to disconnect the sensor, as for the codes ill get those in about an hour or so, and im sorry if im lazy but for not using any ;:'", but im a mexamer and did grad from an amer school!

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO M6

Let us know what ya have.

black
    02 z28 camaro

im back-
    P0154
    P0412
    P0418

Black
    1999 TA WS.6

Does the car have headers? What has been done to the front O2 sensors?

P0154 - http://www.ls1.com/forums/showthread...highlight=code

Thread Information