• Blended dino/synthetic off the shelf

17 3.49%
  • I mix my own

6 1.23%
Page 57 of 70 FirstFirst ... 7172737535455565758596061 ... LastLast
Results 1,121 to 1,140 of 1384
Like Tree2Likes

I'm a Oil Junkie

This is a discussion on I'm a Oil Junkie within the General Help forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; Originally Posted by Sarge Amsoil salesman out of Houston. Knows dick about tribology. So he gets himself a Amsoil sales ...

"Arrest Me Red"
    2001 trans am

Quote Originally Posted by Sarge View Post
    Amsoil salesman out of Houston. Knows dick about tribology. So he gets himself a Amsoil sales kit and his "strategy" is to join every car/RV/Motorcycle forum on the internet and spam the shit out of everybody with Amsoil commercials. He has been banned by most forums. So he and I get into it over TCW3. Total dumbshit.
    He is far and away the most hated Amsoil guy in the history of Amsoil.
    http://www.titantalk.com/forums/off-...ntalk-com.html

http://boards.straightdope.com/sdmb/...d.php?t=526579

http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums...29#Post1067029

I could go on and on and on
    Tim Vipond is a total moron.
    how do you like thet bobistheoilguy.com i just foundit a bit back

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

Quote Originally Posted by 01 T/A View Post
    how do you like thet bobistheoilguy.com i just foundit a bit back
    I was one of the earliest members. It used to be great. Lab folks, oil industry engineers and tribologist. Now it has turned into a "what is the best oil" or "post your latest oil change" bullshit kiddie Mustang Ricer forum with no value.

"Arrest Me Red"
    2001 trans am

I was one of the earliest members. It used to be great. Lab folks, oil industry engineers and tribologist. Now it has turned into a "what is the best oil" or "post your latest oil change" bullshit kiddie Mustang Ricer forum with no value.
    i was looking for a few thing on there and thats all i could find on some of them but i found a few good test sets but nothing that helped me

Sunset metallic orange
    '01 Camaro SS

Hey Sarge, what oil would you prefer Amsoil? Also what weight? B/c my car has 55k and live in Philly so temp fluctuates often. I always went with RP, but I really don't wanna pay that much for shit oil, or so i've heard. Anyway I'm sure you most likely stated your personal preference before, but I personally don't feel like reading through 20+ pages of comments to find out lol. Thanks Sarge

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    The sound of your piss hitting the urinal.......yea it sounds feminine!

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

I use Shaeffers Oils. If you cannot get a Shaeffers rep close to you then Pennzoil Platinum or Ultra are producing outstanding Used Oil Analysis.

I have absolutely nothing negative to say about Amsoil. Nor Mobil1.

Sunset metallic orange
    '01 Camaro SS

I use Shaeffers Oils. If you cannot get a Shaeffers rep close to you then Pennzoil Platinum or Ultra are producing outstanding Used Oil Analysis.

K, thx Sarge

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Light Pewter Metallic
    2000 Camaro SS M6

Amsoil salesman out of Houston. Knows dick about tribology. So he gets himself a Amsoil sales kit and his "strategy" is to join every car/RV/Motorcycle forum on the internet and spam the shit out of everybody with Amsoil commercials. He has been banned by most forums. So he and I get into it over TCW3. Total dumbshit.
    He is far and away the most hated Amsoil guy in the history of Amsoil.
    http://www.titantalk.com/forums/off-...ntalk-com.html

http://boards.straightdope.com/sdmb/...d.php?t=526579

http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums...29#Post1067029

I could go on and on and on
    Tim Vipond is a total moron.
    OK, I understand. He seems worse than the typical 'internet expert' (they always know everything there is to know and then some). I read where he claimed to work as an 'oil expert' with Shell for many years before joining Amsoil. What a load.

PEWTER
    2000 CAMARO SS #3821

Any insight on the new direct-injected motors? I am hearing they are really beating-up oils and people are really watching UOA's and oil-change intervals.

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

Quote Originally Posted by SSTODD View Post
    Any insight on the new direct-injected motors? I am hearing they are really beating-up oils and people are really watching UOA's and oil-change intervals.
    Yes....fuel dilution is an major issue. If you have a DI engine....best thing you can do is 3K/3 Month OCI's with a stout add pack in your oil. Mobil1EP, Amsoil,Shaeffers, PP or PUltra.

PEWTER
    2000 CAMARO SS #3821

Yes....fuel dilution is an major issue. If you have a DI engine....best thing you can do is 3K/3 Month OCI's with a stout add pack in your oil. Mobil1EP, Amsoil,Shaeffers, PP or PUltra.
    Thank you, my new Chevy Traverse with the 3.6DI V6 is the same motor as the Caddies and Camaro's and I don't need any issues with the family hauler.

ʢ ൧ ൨ ൩ ൪ ൫ ൬ ൭ ൮Ր Ց Ւ Փ Smittro's Avatar

White
    2008 Hummer H3

Thank you, my new Chevy Traverse with the 3.6DI V6 is the same motor as the Caddies and Camaro's and I don't need any issues with the family hauler.
    Most likely due to the way fuel is delivered to the cylinders..

DI has been around since 1952 in cars, was invented in 1925 as a means to start fuel oil engines..
    Last edited by Smittro; 01-18-2011 at 05:06 AM.
    :\Users\Steven\Pictures\d6ftg5nh.gif

Suggestion: If you are particularly irritated by another member's posting habits and are constantly fighting the urge to flame them, you can click on that person's profile, and select "Add to ignore list." This will make that person's posts invisible to you.

PEWTER
    2000 CAMARO SS #3821

Quote Originally Posted by Smittro View Post

DI has been around since 1952 in cars, was invented in 1925 as a means to start fuel oil engines..
    Nice, but with people today trusting the dealer and oil-life monitor on the dash telling them you can go 10k miles before an oil change, there will be alot of these motors with serious problems rather quickly. I have already heard about 2 engines sludged and destroyed in 15k miles on a Traverse website, along with a timing chain issue on many early engines from 09' and 10'.

White
    2008 Hummer H3

Main thing I'd keep an eye on is the timing chain.. The earlier 3.6 DI caddy's had some issues with the chains.. Apearantly GM make some changes to th LLT 3.6 just before the 10' Camaro arrived...

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

Main thing I'd keep an eye on is the timing chain.. The earlier 3.6 DI caddy's had some issues with the chains.. Apearantly GM make some changes to th LLT 3.6 just before the 10' Camaro arrived...
    It is my understanding from my buddy the Master Tech at the Chevy dealer that issue has been resolved.

White
    2008 Hummer H3

Thumbs up

Nice, but with people today trusting the dealer and oil-life monitor on the dash telling them you can go 10k miles before an oil change, there will be alot of these motors with serious problems rather quickly. I have already heard about 2 engines sludged and destroyed in 15k miles on a Traverse website, along with a timing chain issue on many early engines from 09' and 10'.
    Haha beat me to it..

White
    2008 Hummer H3

Thumbs up

It is my understanding from my buddy the Master Tech at the Chevy dealer that issue has been resolved.
    You are correct.. Prolly told you the changes were made durring the 2009 model years as well..

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

I don't remember.....but I will tell you GM has set themselves up big times here. People will not change oil every 3 months or 3K miles. I have seen the lab work come back on some of these motors. The TBN is shot with less than 2K miles! . Fuel dilution has rendered the oil incapable of maintaining its viscosity or ability to not form sludge in the oil passages. Not good.

White
    2008 Hummer H3

I don't remember.....but I will tell you GM has set themselves up big times here. People will not change oil every 3 months or 3K miles. I have seen the lab work come back on some of these motors. The TBN is shot with less than 2K miles! . Fuel dilution has rendered the oil incapable of maintaining its viscosity or ability to not form sludge in the oil passages. Not good.
    They did pretty much the same thing with the LQ1 DOHC v6.. Gave folks an owners manual that was nearly wrong on all accounts about maintaining such a complex engine platform.. Told folks things like a 60k timing belt change was recommended.. However in truth folks should have been changing them @ half that interval and sooner if you run it hard often. Under normal driving I've seen the rear exhaust cam out by as much as 3-4 degrees, and only 1-2 @ the front exhaust cam.. The stigma caused, damaged the engines reputaion till it ended production around 97..
    Last edited by Smittro; 01-18-2011 at 05:40 AM.

PEWTER
    2000 CAMARO SS #3821

That was my reason for asking, DI engines are more and more common and it seems this technology has a high price. Are the 4cyl. DI and soon to be V8DI engines all going to have this issue?

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

There are basic issues in play here. First the pump is driven off the camshaft. Pumps at 3K PSI. They are already issues with the cam "walking" and catastrophic failure. Intake sludge out the butt. GM has a problem here for sure.

Page 57 of 70 FirstFirst ... 7172737535455565758596061 ... LastLast

Thread Information