40 8.21%
  • Blended dino/synthetic off the shelf

17 3.49%
  • I mix my own

6 1.23%
Page 36 of 70 FirstFirst ... 6163233343536373839405666 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

I'm a Oil Junkie

This is a discussion on I'm a Oil Junkie within the General Help forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; Originally Posted by Sarge Hell yes. Shaeffers is (IMHO) the top dog on the block. I pay $4.65 per quart ...

Black
    F250

Quote Originally Posted by Sarge View Post
    Hell yes. Shaeffers is (IMHO) the top dog on the block. I pay $4.65 per quart to my door. Mebbe we can work a swap. Burgers for Shaeffers
    Works for me, just need to find a way to get them to ya still halfway fresh LOL So im guessing you have some sort of buddy hook up with that price on oil?

Post OAI Testing

Hey walk us through the Amsoil oil analysis program. Cost and what all it covers. Is the lab ASO 9000 certified etc. Lay it upon us.
    The oil analysis subsidiary of Amsoil,Inc; Oil Analyzers, Inc., meets the highest level of accreditation attainable by a testing lab with the ISO/IEC 17025:2005 - A2LA. Of course! Could you expect anything different from Amsoil

Cost:

Oil Analyzers Test Kit, Non Postage Paid Retail Price (USD) $22.45 OR $17.95 Preferred Customer Cost

What’s included in testing scope:

WEAR METALS (PPM)
    iron
    chromium
    nickel
    aluminum
    copper
    lead
    tin
    cadmium
    silver
    vanadium

Contaminant Metals (PPM)
    silicon
    sodium
    potassium

Multi-Source Metals (PPM)
    titanium
    molybdenum
    antimony
    manganese
    lithium
    boron

Additive Metals (PPM)
    magnesium
    calcium
    barium
    phosphorus
    zinc

fuel%
    visc40
    visc100
    water
    soot/solids%
    coolant
    change-YES/NO
    oxida
    nitr
    TBN (Yes that's right! TBN in included at no extra cost)

CompSyn

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

Quote Originally Posted by RedSmokey View Post
    Works for me, just need to find a way to get them to ya still halfway fresh LOL So im guessing you have some sort of buddy hook up with that price on oil?
    No I pay 100% retail. That is it.

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

Quote Originally Posted by CompSyn View Post
    The oil analysis subsidiary of Amsoil,Inc; Oil Analyzers, Inc., meets the highest level of accreditation attainable by a testing lab with the ISO/IEC 17025:2005 - A2LA. Of course! Could you expect anything different from Amsoil

Cost:

Oil Analyzers Test Kit, Non Postage Paid Retail Price (USD) $22.45 OR $17.95 Preferred Customer Cost

What’s included in testing scope:

WEAR METALS (PPM)
    iron
    chromium
    nickel
    aluminum
    copper
    lead
    tin
    cadmium
    silver
    vanadium

Contaminant Metals (PPM)
    silicon
    sodium
    potassium

Multi-Source Metals (PPM)
    titanium
    molybdenum
    antimony
    manganese
    lithium
    boron

Additive Metals (PPM)
    magnesium
    calcium
    barium
    phosphorus
    zinc

fuel%
    visc40
    visc100
    water
    soot/solids%
    coolant
    change-YES/NO
    oxida
    nitr
    TBN (Yes that's right! TBN in included at no extra cost)

CompSyn
    I'm in. How do I get the sample kit?

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

Thumbs up Oil Analysis Kits

That link works OR this one as well

OAI Oil Analysis Kits - link

CompSyn

Pewter
    2000 Z28 Camaro

Sarge did I ask you about the mobil 5000 yet? That stuff is really cheap and I am just curious what you know about it.

Nevermind, i already asked you about this...i should of tried some. It's 11 bucks for 5qts...

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

Quote Originally Posted by allbaugh_04 View Post
    Sarge did I ask you about the mobil 5000 yet? That stuff is really cheap and I am just curious what you know about it.

Nevermind, i already asked you about this...i should of tried some. It's 11 bucks for 5qts...
    Pennzoil Yellow Conventional is $12 for 5 quart jug and 2wice as stout. Look for change under the cushions

Pewter
    2000 Z28 Camaro

hmmm...may have to try that

Navy Blue Metallic
    2002 Z28

hey Sarge ole buddy! i have un question. i love amsoil but hate to pay the price. i hear you and others talk about schaeffers. can you give me some insight on it vs amsoil or vs pp? i currently run pp for the price and availability at wally world. where do you order schaeffers for $4.65

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

Quote Originally Posted by allbaugh_04 View Post
    hmmm...may have to try that
    Much stouter add pack and GRPII+ base oil to boot!

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

Quote Originally Posted by blue02Z View Post
    hey Sarge ole buddy! i have un question. i love amsoil but hate to pay the price. i hear you and others talk about schaeffers. can you give me some insight on it vs amsoil or vs pp? i currently run pp for the price and availability at wally world. where do you order schaeffers for $4.65
    Shit Roanoke was a wide spot in the road back in the 60's when I lived in Hurst. Best UOA's and performance I have ever gotten in Oprah's black ass is with Shaeffers. I put Amsoil right behind Schaeffers with Pennzoil Platinum the best off the shelf. But man Shaeffers is the real deal. I come up to Ft. Worth all the time. I'll bring you a case for that price. I don't make nothing but hell I am coming up there anyway. I dont mind doing it for a fellow member. But if you want you can call NAPA in Grapevine...they sell Shaeffers... 817-481-8666 or call Bill Jewell 817-886-7534 he is on NE 28th right there in Ft. Worth. He'll sell it to you....Jack Klaus in Colleyville ( Trinity Automotive) is a Schaeffers dealer...817-427-3737 ....Dont pee your pants the first time you pour it in your engine. It is super blue green

Navy Blue Metallic
    2002 Z28

Shit Roanoke was a wide spot in the road back in the 60's when I lived in Hurst. Best UOA's and performance I have ever gotten in Oprah's black ass is with Shaeffers. I put Amsoil right behind Schaeffers with Pennzoil Platinum the best off the shelf. But man Shaeffers is the real deal. I come up to Ft. Worth all the time. I'll bring you a case for that price. I don't make nothing but hell I am coming up there anyway. I dont mind doing it for a fellow member. But if you want you can call NAPA in Grapevine...they sell Shaeffers... 817-481-8666 or call Bill Jewell 817-886-7534 he is on NE 28th right there in Ft. Worth. He'll sell it to you....Jack Klaus in Colleyville ( Trinity Automotive) is a Schaeffers dealer...817-427-3737 ....Dont pee your pants the first time you pour it in your engine. It is super blue green
    lol thanks man!! i saw that napa was a dealer but didnt want to go up there today. roanoke has grown up alot. along with trophy club. i did some growing up in richland hills with my granny back in the day, haha i bet you remember when glenview was a dirt road!!! i'll have to hit up those dealers. is there a website you can order this stuff from?

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

No Shaeffers doesn't do that. Just call one of them guys...and if they jack the price on you let me know and I'll bring you some for my cost.....tell em you want Series 7000 10-30 and do it chop chop. Yes Brown Trail and Glenview both were dirt and there was nothing north of Pipeline Road

Navy Blue Metallic
    2002 Z28

dayum. my dad grew up there and went to richland high back in the day. class of '72. he used to tell me stories of when they'd race down there and ride their dirtbikes around town

and the 7000 series 10w-30 thanks Sarge!

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

Quote Originally Posted by blue02Z View Post
    dayum. my dad grew up there and went to richland high back in the day. class of '72. he used to tell me stories of when they'd race down there and ride their dirtbikes around town

and the 7000 series 10w-30 thanks Sarge!
    LOL.... I bet I raced your Dad. I had a Dark Blue 65 GTO. I remember a guy from Richland Hills that had a white 340 Duster that was cammed. Faster than hell.
    We ran behind Bell Helicopter on Trinity Blvd.

Post off topic

LOL.... I bet I raced your Dad. I had a Dark Blue 65 GTO. I remember a guy from Richland Hills that had a white 340 Duster that was cammed. Faster than hell.
    No joke! 340 Mopars can flat out run provided a guy knows how to tune/race them. I’m a big block fan myself though.

CompSyn

Navy Blue Metallic
    2002 Z28

prolly so!!! he had a 69 camaro lemans blue with the white stripes, i still have the car my mom used to hang out there too. she had a 75 camaro. yellow

off topic but damn its a small world

Red

Hey CompSyn! I have a question for you, I am currently using SAE 10W30 Amsoil in my LS1 and I have just hit 5000miles. My LS1 has been on 10W30 Amsoil since day 1. I would like to switch to Signature Series 0W30 for good now. Can i switch to 0W30? Do you recommend I switch to 0W30? What are the perks to using 0W30? Keep in mind that it is summer although I live in Montreal Canada.

Thanks for you time

Thumbs up Year-round motor oil...

Quote Originally Posted by 35thAnniversaryPhil View Post
    Hey CompSyn! I have a question for you, I am currently using SAE 10W30 Amsoil in my LS1 and I have just hit 5000miles. My LS1 has been on 10W30 Amsoil since day 1. I would like to switch to Signature Series 0W30 for good now. Can i switch to 0W30? Do you recommend I switch to 0W30? What are the perks to using 0W30? Keep in mind that it is summer although I live in Montreal Canada.

Thanks for you time
    Well it looks like your average seasonal temperatures in Montreal dip down to a cool -16C in the winter and up to 26C in the summer. This is an ideal application for running the SSO 0W-30 year round with those kinds of seasonal temperature swings.

Keep in mind this 0W-30 can do everything the 10W-30 can do at operating temperature. However the big advantage comes during those colder winter temps when all motor oils have a harder time circulating through the engine at start-up. So that would be the main “perk” to using the SSO. It flows better during cold temps thereby allowing for better flow helping to insure the internal engine parts get oil flow ASAP; it’s a optimal year-round motor oil as far as 30 grade oils are concerned.

Another perk would be the SSO having a more robust additive package over the Amsoil 10W-30. There’re undoubtedly using more Esters in that formulation plus the Total Base Number is up past 13 which allows the oil to run longer between oil change intervals… basically it’s a great oil and that’s why they call it SSO… Signature Series Oil… I use it… I recommend it.

Oh! And since your LS1 is already acclimated to using high quality synthetics and similar additives with the Amsoil 10W-30, the SSO will drop right in with no issues.

Thanks for the question and let me know if you need anything else.

CompSyn

Page 36 of 70 FirstFirst ... 6163233343536373839405666 ... LastLast

Thread Information