View Poll Results: What Oil Do You Use

Voters
487. You may not vote on this poll
  • Synthetic

    424 87.06%
  • Dino

    40 8.21%
  • Blended dino/synthetic off the shelf

    17 3.49%
  • I mix my own

    6 1.23%
Page 30 of 70 FirstFirst ... 102627282930313233345060 ... LastLast
Results 581 to 600 of 1384
Like Tree2Likes

I'm a Oil Junkie

This is a discussion on I'm a Oil Junkie within the General Help forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; Originally Posted by CompSyn You are correct. Amsoil Signature Series Oil (SSO) 0W-30 supersedes S2000 0W-30. CompSyn Just ordered and ...

  1. #581
    Now in Summit LT1 Flavor! Y2KArcticSS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Henryetta/Tulsa Oklahoma
    Posts
    3,483

    Summit White
    2016 Camaro SS

    Quote Originally Posted by CompSyn View Post
    You are correct.

    Click for full size

    Amsoil Signature Series Oil (SSO) 0W-30 supersedes S2000 0W-30.

    CompSyn
    Just ordered and received 8 quarts, a filter, and a one year PC And I went through the link on your website, does that do anything to help you guys?

  2. #582

    Thumbs up Right on!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Y2KArcticSS View Post
    Just ordered and received 8 quarts, a filter, and a one year PC And I went through the link on your website, does that do anything to help you guys?
    Y2KArcticSS, we appreciate that, it is a great help. In fact, if more folks like you purchase their Amsoil products through the CompSyn website, we could bring back the full LS1.com/Amsoil site sponsorship.

    Thanks again,

    CompSyn

  3. #583
    Now in Summit LT1 Flavor! Y2KArcticSS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Henryetta/Tulsa Oklahoma
    Posts
    3,483

    Summit White
    2016 Camaro SS

    Quote Originally Posted by CompSyn View Post
    Y2KArcticSS, we appreciate that, it is a great help. In fact, if more folks like you purchase their Amsoil products through the CompSyn website, we could bring back the full LS1.com/Amosil site sponsorship.

    Thanks again,

    CompSyn
    Super Edit: Since I'm a member now, you guys will get credit every time I buy Glad I could help.
    Last edited by Y2KArcticSS; 02-24-2009 at 02:57 PM.

    2016 Summit White 1SS - The DD
    2001 NBM Trans Am WS6 - Wifey's Grocery Getter
    2000 Arctic White SS #1667 - Sold

  4. #584
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Glen Carbon, IL
    Age
    39
    Posts
    397

    Silver
    2000 Camaro SS

    Quote Originally Posted by Sarge View Post
    Why all the switching? What are you after? Who is doing your UOA's? Don't confuse pressure with flow rate.
    It's been a while since I changed to RP and I haven't posted anything. No UOA's have been done. As mentioned about the other oils I have used SuperTech, Valvoline, and now RP. All three full syn 10w-30. My oil comsumption has disappeared with RP. I have put 4k miles on the car in the past year. This particular oil and filter have 2k-2500 miles. I occassionally cruise in nice weather and drive it to work. During the summer it was driven to the track and back home almost every week. My current set up is cam only with a 200 shot split between 2 stages. RP has gone up to $9 a quart. I am considering changing to Amsoil 100% syn. I will soon be installing a set of ported heads so I am waiting on the oil change.

    Without a UOA, can or will you offer any advise?

  5. #585
    Grand Imperial Wizard Sarge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Texas Department of Corrections
    Posts
    18,129
    Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

    Quote Originally Posted by 02blkws6 View Post
    It's been a while since I changed to RP and I haven't posted anything. No UOA's have been done. As mentioned about the other oils I have used SuperTech, Valvoline, and now RP. All three full syn 10w-30. My oil comsumption has disappeared with RP. I have put 4k miles on the car in the past year. This particular oil and filter have 2k-2500 miles. I occassionally cruise in nice weather and drive it to work. During the summer it was driven to the track and back home almost every week. My current set up is cam only with a 200 shot split between 2 stages. RP has gone up to $9 a quart. I am considering changing to Amsoil 100% syn. I will soon be installing a set of ported heads so I am waiting on the oil change.

    Without a UOA, can or will you offer any advise?
    Well firstly ST/Valvoline have a SM rating...this means ( amongst other things) that they have some stout detergent packs that clean the crap out of your seals/ring packs/gaskets etc....Royal Purple could not meet API SM ratings and do not have that ability....so yeah I bet that garbage does clog up leaks......and that aint nothing to brag about....yes and all this at $9 bucks a quart and cannot meet minimum API SM ratings....I wouldn't use it in my weed eater much less my motor.....Royal Purple will claim it is because they didn't want to "dumb down" their formula to meet specs...translation...we are selling this crap as quick as we can make it cuz people will not research what it is we are selling them......RP shears all to hell....and you running the giggle juice you need something that will stay in grade and stand up to the fuel dilution/bearing pressure and that would be Amsoil/Shaeffers and Pennzoil Platinum.....Royal Purple has a loyal following of zombies driven to insanity by a dyno run commercial on Speed Channel that could be matched by Wolfs Head Motor Oil under the exact same circumstances....
    Get some proven real motor oil like Amsoil/Shaeffers/Pennzoil Platinum and let go of the marketing bullshit once and for all.....
    Last edited by Sarge; 03-01-2009 at 04:38 AM.

  6. #586
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Clemson, South Carolina
    Posts
    280

    Red
    1998 Trans Am

    So mobil 1 5w/30 is no good then? Thats what i have ran always.Is it time for a change?
    Car is 98 trans am,good bit of mods.

  7. #587
    Grand Imperial Wizard Sarge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Texas Department of Corrections
    Posts
    18,129
    Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

    Mobil1 is great oil. No doubt. Just overpriced for what you get. What are your Oil Change Intervals by the way?

  8. #588
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Clemson, South Carolina
    Posts
    280

    Red
    1998 Trans Am

    every 3000.

  9. #589
    Grand Imperial Wizard Sarge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Texas Department of Corrections
    Posts
    18,129
    Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

    Mods?

  10. #590
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Clemson, South Carolina
    Posts
    280

    Red
    1998 Trans Am

    Quote Originally Posted by Sarge View Post
    Mods?
    hot cam kit,0.50in.219int./228exh.
    tci 3200 stall
    mid-length headers
    high flow cats
    volont air induction
    flowmaster american thunder exhaust system
    eibach pro kit coil spring
    sub frame connecters
    edelbrock non adjustable torque arm
    egr trim
    throttle body coolant by pass
    be cool 160 deg.
    has 71,000 mi on the car. getting TB and and intake about middle of the month
    dyno at 375.23 ATRW

  11. #591
    Grand Imperial Wizard Sarge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Texas Department of Corrections
    Posts
    18,129
    Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

    So your probably still stock compression and no N2o.....OK....I would go with Pennzoil Yellow Bottle.....for 3K OCI's......you have a trannie cooler on that thing?

  12. #592
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Clemson, South Carolina
    Posts
    280

    Red
    1998 Trans Am

    i think the compression is 12-1.i think that is what the tuning shop said.and for the trannie cooler,don't think so. not even sure what that is? Or where to look at.sorry...

  13. #593
    Grand Imperial Wizard Sarge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Texas Department of Corrections
    Posts
    18,129
    Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

    Never run a stall without a cooler...
    http://www.jegs.com/p/Perma-Cool/748615/10002/-1
    Dont get caught up in all this bullshit of synthetic versus conventional. Today's SM rated conventional oils are some stout lubes.....

  14. #594
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Clemson, South Carolina
    Posts
    280

    Red
    1998 Trans Am

    trying to look up your site now. Real slow for some reason. So what kind of oil do you use. And is your car heavy modded? And is it a hard install on the trannie cooler?

  15. #595
    Grand Imperial Wizard Sarge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Texas Department of Corrections
    Posts
    18,129
    Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

    I use Schaeffers Series 7000 10-30 in the GTO...Pennzoil Platinum in the Mercedes E320/Pontiac G6 and the Silverado....
    Yes my car is heavily modified....
    No a trannie cooler is just plumbing.....stall will raise heat significantly=short lived trannie...

  16. #596
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Clemson, South Carolina
    Posts
    280

    Red
    1998 Trans Am

    ya just looked it up.going to get the 450 sandwich. that should do the trick. well i guess im going to look at that pennzoil in the yellow bottle.should i still stay with the 5/30

  17. #597
    Grand Imperial Wizard Sarge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Texas Department of Corrections
    Posts
    18,129
    Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

    10/30

  18. #598
    LSX whore allbaugh_04's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Omaha, NE
    Age
    32
    Posts
    5,895

    Pewter
    2000 Z28 Camaro

    sarge,

    have you discussed high mileage oil yet?

    or mobil 5000?

  19. #599
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Clemson, South Carolina
    Posts
    280

    Red
    1998 Trans Am

    what about 0w/30 mobil

  20. #600
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Glen Carbon, IL
    Age
    39
    Posts
    397

    Silver
    2000 Camaro SS

    Quote Originally Posted by Sarge View Post
    Well firstly ST/Valvoline have a SM rating...this means ( amongst other things) that they have some stout detergent packs that clean the crap out of your seals/ring packs/gaskets etc....Royal Purple could not meet API SM ratings and do not have that ability....so yeah I bet that garbage does clog up leaks......and that aint nothing to brag about....yes and all this at $9 bucks a quart and cannot meet minimum API SM ratings....I wouldn't use it in my weed eater much less my motor.....Royal Purple will claim it is because they didn't want to "dumb down" their formula to meet specs...translation...we are selling this crap as quick as we can make it cuz people will not research what it is we are selling them......RP shears all to hell....and you running the giggle juice you need something that will stay in grade and stand up to the fuel dilution/bearing pressure and that would be Amsoil/Shaeffers and Pennzoil Platinum.....Royal Purple has a loyal following of zombies driven to insanity by a dyno run commercial on Speed Channel that could be matched by Wolfs Head Motor Oil under the exact same circumstances....
    Get some proven real motor oil like Amsoil/Shaeffers/Pennzoil Platinum and let go of the marketing bullshit once and for all.....
    Thanks Sarge,

    Looks like I'm going to order a case of Amsoil.

Page 30 of 70 FirstFirst ... 102627282930313233345060 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Conversion junkie
    By workingdog in forum New Member Introductions
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-11-2016, 03:09 PM
  2. When do you know your a junkie
    By jakesz28 in forum Nitrous
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 07-07-2009, 12:02 PM
  3. Southern IN Speed Junkie
    By badblazeSS in forum New Member Introductions
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 08-24-2008, 10:25 AM
  4. hey ls1 junkie in ga
    By blackbirdpr1 in forum New Member Introductions
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-08-2007, 07:18 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •