40 8.21%
  • Blended dino/synthetic off the shelf

17 3.49%
  • I mix my own

6 1.23%
Page 30 of 70 FirstFirst ... 102627282930313233345060 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

I'm a Oil Junkie

This is a discussion on I'm a Oil Junkie within the General Help forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; Originally Posted by CompSyn You are correct. Amsoil Signature Series Oil (SSO) 0W-30 supersedes S2000 0W-30. CompSyn Just ordered and ...

Now in Summit LT1 Flavor! Y2KArcticSS's Avatar

Summit White
    2016 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by CompSyn View Post
    You are correct.

Click for full size

Amsoil Signature Series Oil (SSO) 0W-30 supersedes S2000 0W-30.

CompSyn
    Just ordered and received 8 quarts, a filter, and a one year PC And I went through the link on your website, does that do anything to help you guys?

Thumbs up Right on!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Y2KArcticSS View Post
    Just ordered and received 8 quarts, a filter, and a one year PC And I went through the link on your website, does that do anything to help you guys?
    Y2KArcticSS, we appreciate that, it is a great help. In fact, if more folks like you purchase their Amsoil products through the CompSyn website, we could bring back the full LS1.com/Amsoil site sponsorship.

Thanks again,

CompSyn

Now in Summit LT1 Flavor! Y2KArcticSS's Avatar

Summit White
    2016 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by CompSyn View Post
    Y2KArcticSS, we appreciate that, it is a great help. In fact, if more folks like you purchase their Amsoil products through the CompSyn website, we could bring back the full LS1.com/Amosil site sponsorship.

Thanks again,

CompSyn
    Super Edit: Since I'm a member now, you guys will get credit every time I buy Glad I could help.
    Last edited by Y2KArcticSS; 02-24-2009 at 02:57 PM.

2016 Summit White 1SS - The DD
    2001 NBM Trans Am WS6 - Wifey's Grocery Getter
    2000 Arctic White SS #1667 - Sold

Silver
    2000 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by Sarge View Post
    Why all the switching? What are you after? Who is doing your UOA's? Don't confuse pressure with flow rate.
    It's been a while since I changed to RP and I haven't posted anything. No UOA's have been done. As mentioned about the other oils I have used SuperTech, Valvoline, and now RP. All three full syn 10w-30. My oil comsumption has disappeared with RP. I have put 4k miles on the car in the past year. This particular oil and filter have 2k-2500 miles. I occassionally cruise in nice weather and drive it to work. During the summer it was driven to the track and back home almost every week. My current set up is cam only with a 200 shot split between 2 stages. RP has gone up to $9 a quart. I am considering changing to Amsoil 100% syn. I will soon be installing a set of ported heads so I am waiting on the oil change.

Without a UOA, can or will you offer any advise?

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

Quote Originally Posted by 02blkws6 View Post
    It's been a while since I changed to RP and I haven't posted anything. No UOA's have been done. As mentioned about the other oils I have used SuperTech, Valvoline, and now RP. All three full syn 10w-30. My oil comsumption has disappeared with RP. I have put 4k miles on the car in the past year. This particular oil and filter have 2k-2500 miles. I occassionally cruise in nice weather and drive it to work. During the summer it was driven to the track and back home almost every week. My current set up is cam only with a 200 shot split between 2 stages. RP has gone up to $9 a quart. I am considering changing to Amsoil 100% syn. I will soon be installing a set of ported heads so I am waiting on the oil change.

Without a UOA, can or will you offer any advise?
    Well firstly ST/Valvoline have a SM rating...this means ( amongst other things) that they have some stout detergent packs that clean the crap out of your seals/ring packs/gaskets etc....Royal Purple could not meet API SM ratings and do not have that ability....so yeah I bet that garbage does clog up leaks......and that aint nothing to brag about....yes and all this at $9 bucks a quart and cannot meet minimum API SM ratings....I wouldn't use it in my weed eater much less my motor.....Royal Purple will claim it is because they didn't want to "dumb down" their formula to meet specs...translation...we are selling this crap as quick as we can make it cuz people will not research what it is we are selling them......RP shears all to hell....and you running the giggle juice you need something that will stay in grade and stand up to the fuel dilution/bearing pressure and that would be Amsoil/Shaeffers and Pennzoil Platinum.....Royal Purple has a loyal following of zombies driven to insanity by a dyno run commercial on Speed Channel that could be matched by Wolfs Head Motor Oil under the exact same circumstances....
    Get some proven real motor oil like Amsoil/Shaeffers/Pennzoil Platinum and let go of the marketing bullshit once and for all.....
    Last edited by Sarge; 03-01-2009 at 04:38 AM.

Red
    1998 Trans Am

So mobil 1 5w/30 is no good then? Thats what i have ran always.Is it time for a change?
    Car is 98 trans am,good bit of mods.

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

Mobil1 is great oil. No doubt. Just overpriced for what you get. What are your Oil Change Intervals by the way?

Red
    1998 Trans Am

every 3000.

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

Mods?

Red
    1998 Trans Am

Mods?
    hot cam kit,0.50in.219int./228exh.
    tci 3200 stall
    mid-length headers
    high flow cats
    volont air induction
    flowmaster american thunder exhaust system
    eibach pro kit coil spring
    sub frame connecters
    edelbrock non adjustable torque arm
    egr trim
    throttle body coolant by pass
    be cool 160 deg.
    has 71,000 mi on the car. getting TB and and intake about middle of the month
    dyno at 375.23 ATRW

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

So your probably still stock compression and no N2o.....OK....I would go with Pennzoil Yellow Bottle.....for 3K OCI's......you have a trannie cooler on that thing?

Red
    1998 Trans Am

i think the compression is 12-1.i think that is what the tuning shop said.and for the trannie cooler,don't think so. not even sure what that is? Or where to look at.sorry...

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

Never run a stall without a cooler...
    http://www.jegs.com/p/Perma-Cool/748615/10002/-1
    Dont get caught up in all this bullshit of synthetic versus conventional. Today's SM rated conventional oils are some stout lubes.....

Red
    1998 Trans Am

trying to look up your site now. Real slow for some reason. So what kind of oil do you use. And is your car heavy modded? And is it a hard install on the trannie cooler?

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

I use Schaeffers Series 7000 10-30 in the GTO...Pennzoil Platinum in the Mercedes E320/Pontiac G6 and the Silverado....
    Yes my car is heavily modified....
    No a trannie cooler is just plumbing.....stall will raise heat significantly=short lived trannie...

Red
    1998 Trans Am

ya just looked it up.going to get the 450 sandwich. that should do the trick. well i guess im going to look at that pennzoil in the yellow bottle.should i still stay with the 5/30

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

10/30

Pewter
    2000 Z28 Camaro

sarge,

have you discussed high mileage oil yet?

or mobil 5000?

Red
    1998 Trans Am

what about 0w/30 mobil

Silver
    2000 Camaro SS

Well firstly ST/Valvoline have a SM rating...this means ( amongst other things) that they have some stout detergent packs that clean the crap out of your seals/ring packs/gaskets etc....Royal Purple could not meet API SM ratings and do not have that ability....so yeah I bet that garbage does clog up leaks......and that aint nothing to brag about....yes and all this at $9 bucks a quart and cannot meet minimum API SM ratings....I wouldn't use it in my weed eater much less my motor.....Royal Purple will claim it is because they didn't want to "dumb down" their formula to meet specs...translation...we are selling this crap as quick as we can make it cuz people will not research what it is we are selling them......RP shears all to hell....and you running the giggle juice you need something that will stay in grade and stand up to the fuel dilution/bearing pressure and that would be Amsoil/Shaeffers and Pennzoil Platinum.....Royal Purple has a loyal following of zombies driven to insanity by a dyno run commercial on Speed Channel that could be matched by Wolfs Head Motor Oil under the exact same circumstances....
    Get some proven real motor oil like Amsoil/Shaeffers/Pennzoil Platinum and let go of the marketing bullshit once and for all.....
    Thanks Sarge,

Looks like I'm going to order a case of Amsoil.

Page 30 of 70 FirstFirst ... 102627282930313233345060 ... LastLast

Thread Information