40 8.21%
  • Blended dino/synthetic off the shelf

17 3.49%
  • I mix my own

6 1.23%
Page 27 of 70 FirstFirst ... 7232425262728293031475767 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

I'm a Oil Junkie

This is a discussion on I'm a Oil Junkie within the General Help forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; I know 5W-30 EP is group 3. They changed that and 15W-50. And no reason not to change the others. ...

Tan
    2002 GMC Yukon

I know 5W-30 EP is group 3. They changed that and 15W-50. And no reason not to change the others.

I didn't know oil was debatable, except at places like iffy lube. I thought Royal Purple, which I don't use, was a group 5. Meaning Poly ester oil. I will look again.

That being said, a group 3 "synthetic" is much better than convetional. And conventional now is much better than even just 15 years ago.

edit, again: I found it. Royal Purple is a group 4. Or IV if you prefer.
    Last edited by NaviDyn; 12-15-2008 at 05:39 PM.

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

I have recovered ( took me awhile) from focusing too much on base stocks origins and not enough on add packs. The add packs play a much larger role in a successful oil than the base stock does.

Metallic Blue
    94 Z28 A4 T Tops 52K MINT

Thumbs down K/N Filter WTF!!!

It seems like you know some about oils. But please don't take this the wrong way.
    You are using Amsoil 0w30 and a k/n filter? WOW why in the hell would you use a kn oil or air filter? They are shit!!!! Sure they flow good, but they don't filter particles worth a shit. PERIOD!
    Is there a reason why your not using a Amsoil oil filter? And also a Amsoil air filter. Amsoil air filters filter to 0.8 microns and flow just as good as a k/n. As for Amsoil's oil filters wow they filter down to below 2 microns & at 15 microns @ 98.7%! They flow just as good as a shitty k/n too!

Amsoil's products are simply the very best in the world!! PERIOD, NO IF ANDS OR BUTS!
    There closest comp is Moble 1 and there are not even close to keeping up with Amsoil!

Some advice change to a Amsoil Oil filter ASAP. If they don't make one for your app the next best is a Wix.

P.S. NO I AM NOT A AMSOIL DEALER

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

LOL...what did you read some old info there buddy?
    Try again....I run Shaffers Series 7000 one Amsoil and one Wix on a remote dual filter setup and have the best UOA's I ever had......

Tan
    2002 GMC Yukon

Quote Originally Posted by Sarge View Post
    I have recovered ( took me awhile) from focusing too much on base stocks origins and not enough on add packs. The add packs play a much larger role in a successful oil than the base stock does.
    The group 5 doesn't need the same additive packs, because the oil itself is better. It was engineered to work a certain way.

Tan
    2002 GMC Yukon

Don't you mean scAMSOIL? Talk about a rip off. A bypass filter should never cost that much. In general their tech inco is correct, but they are guilty of the very thing the rep started a thread on.

K&N is a good full flow filter. As is Wix. I use Napa gold myself, which is a Wix filter.

AMSOIL is not the best. They are a good bypass set up, as all bypass setups are. TP does work, if you have heard the urban legend. You have to convert it though. I don't use it, if you must know.

And 0W 30 is about the best thing you can do in a street car. Especially with the synthetic oil used in post #524.

Just an FYI. For the post #523.

Metallic Blue

Thumbs down

First off SARGE shaffers oil does not outperform Amsoil. In one of your threads you said you run Amsoil and a k/n filter, I dont remember the exact date.
    Second Amsoil/Donalson filters are the absoulute best one the market period.
    Wix would come in second. Also shaffers only makes oil to my knowege, i don't keep up on them because there not the greatest synthetic. What good is it to run a synthetic oil such as shaffers) and not the very best oil filter. Yes I know you run a Amsoil & Wix. Do you use a Amsoil oil filter for your regular one & a Amsoil bypass system with the Amsoil bypass oil filter? If not not you don't know what you missing. Amsoil bypass oil filters, filter particles to below 0.5 microns. That is the highest quailty, most effecint filter you can buy. AND THAT IS A FACT BUD. Yes Amsoil products are not inexpensive. But you get what you pay for right? What are you drain intervals on shaffers series 7000 oil? I bet it's not nealy what Amsoil's is! How does 35K or once a year sound? It the quialty of the oil and the supieor filtration which makes it possible. Run the bypass system and you can much much longer that 35K. But it's always a good idea to send in a oil sample every 10K to see how things are going!

And for the guy who calls Amsoil scamsoil. wow your a real idiot now aren't you. Like I said above YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR!!!!!!!!!

You guys have some learning to do don't ya think.

Amsoil is the very best you can buy. It's been proven time and time again. Not to mention the very to make a synthetic oil (for automobiles) back in 1972!

End of story!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Try again....I run Shaffers Series 7000 one Amsoil and one Wix on a remote dual filter setup and have the best UOA's I ever had......

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

Quote Originally Posted by NaviDyn View Post
    The group 5 doesn't need the same additive packs, because the oil itself is better. It was engineered to work a certain way.
    I agree to a certain point. I agree PAO will hold it's characteristics better/longer But if you put in a weak add pack to begin with the base oil will not overcome that inefficiency.
    Look at Royal Purple as a case in point. Further I will emphatically state a GrpII cracked oil with an outstanding add pack will outperform a PAO with a mid add pack. Discuss...

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

Quote Originally Posted by My94ZZZ View Post
    First off SARGE shaffers oil does not outperform Amsoil. In one of your threads you said you run Amsoil and a k/n filter, I dont remember the exact date.
    Wix would come in second. Also shaffers only makes oil to my knowege, i don't keep up on them because there not the greatest synthetic. What good is it to run a synthetic oil such as shaffers) and not the very best oil filter. Yes I know you run a Amsoil & Wix. Do you use a Amsoil oil filter for your regular one & a Amsoil bypass system with the Amsoil bypass oil filter? If not not you don't know what you missing. Amsoil bypass oil filters, filter particles to below 0.5 microns. That is the highest quailty, most effecint filter you can buy. AND THAT IS A FACT BUD. Yes Amsoil products are not inexpensive. But you get what you pay for right? What are you drain intervals on shaffers series 7000 oil? I bet it's not nealy what Amsoil's is! How does 35K or once a year sound? It the quialty of the oil and the supieor filtration which makes it possible. Run the bypass system and you can much much longer that 35K. But it's always a good idea to send in a oil sample every 10K to see how things are going!

And for the guy who calls Amsoil scamsoil. wow your a real idiot now aren't you. Like I said above YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR!!!!!!!!!

Amsoil is the very best you can buy. It's been proven time and time again. Not to mention the very to make a synthetic oil (for automobiles) back in 1972!

OK....I am sure Amsoil does not appreciate this type of advertisement...but with that aside...allow me to tear your ass up......
    No oil on the planet is "the best"....Each individual motor has outside influence that will directly correlate to a successful UOA or not. These influences would be modifications such as giggle juice/blowers/head cam setups etc./driving habits/geographical locations etc. etc.
    My motor had good results with Amsoil as many of motors have over the past 25-30 years I have used Amsoil. But you tune the motor and work with all aspects of it and motor oil (tribology) is a part of that. My specific motor reflects "better" wear with Shaeffers versus Amsoil. An idiot would advocate an extended drain for my motor. We have a timer on it and change the oil about every 10-15 hours of run time. Depends on what we were doing during that time.
    As for the filters...once again depends on what you are doing/what motor/oil pump/oil/viscosity/ambient temps/oil temps/ all kinds of outside influences will effect the end results. And I check my filters and oil with the lab not with mny eyeballs nor any marketing bullshit.
    So anytime you are ready to go and backup any type of "best" statements with documents from the lab...as I have shared and others (read/search) then we can have a discussion like big boys. But coming on here with marketing horseshit wont fly. So I am ready to see your lab results backing up any of your bullshit. Mine have been posted here for a long long time.

Now in Summit LT1 Flavor! Y2KArcticSS's Avatar

Summit White
    2016 Camaro SS

Arrow

This is a prime example of why some folks will not touch Amsoil products. Itís because of overzealous dealers and others making statements like ďAmsoil is the best motor oil period!Ē

It is this type of sales approach on the part of some independent dealers which has given Amsoil, Inc., a bad reputation. This can often turn off potential consumers who would have otherwise been interested in giving Amsoil products a try. I've seen it time and time again, and it's unfortunate.

That said, I believe Amsoil products are very good and have a very good value despite their higher initial cost. If I didnít believe this, I wouldnít be a dealer myself. However, donít misunderstand me; itís not to say that Amsoil is the magical elixir that everybody must have if they want the best motor oil possible. No! In fact there are very good and capable motor oil competitors out there which give Amsoil products a very good run for their money. When it comes down to it, the best motor oil for one individual may not be the best motor oil for another.

My94ZZZ, please consider revising how you plug Amsoil products. Currently, youíre not helping the cause.

CompSyn

Metallic Blue

Thumbs down

There's been several of comments on your threads about what you are saying and representing Amsoil. You have no room to talk. Yes there are some oils out there that are very good I know that. Yes Amsoil is not for everyones car. I am sorry that I say Amsoil is the best Synthetic engine oil money can buy. But it is. I am simply stating a fact! Like I said before yes there are other oil companys that make great oils. I happen to use Valvoline Maxlife, it's an excellent oil! But when it comes down to it, AMSOIL MAKES THE ABSOULTE VERY BEST SYNTHETIC OIL, FILTERS, ETC. IT'S BEEN PROVEN TIME AND TIME AGAIN! I WOULD HOPE YOU KNOW THIS?
    JUST BECAUSE YOUR A FANCY SITE SPONSER DOES NOT MEAN YOU CAN TELL WHAT TO DO AND OR POST, UNDERSTAND. YOUR NOTHING SPECIAL BUDDY!
    THINK WHAT YOU WANT, I PERSONALLY DON'T GIVE A DAMN WHAT YOU THINK OF ME.

YA

Quote Originally Posted by CompSyn View Post
    This is a prime example of why some folks will not touch Amsoil products. It’s because of overzealous dealers and others making statements like “Amsoil is the best motor oil period!”

It is this type of sales approach on the part of some independent dealers which has given Amsoil, Inc., a bad reputation. This can often turn off potential consumers who would have otherwise been interested in giving Amsoil products a try. I've seen it time and time again, and it's unfortunate.

That said, I believe Amsoil products are very good and have a very good value despite their higher initial cost. If I didn’t believe this, I wouldn’t be a dealer myself. However, don’t misunderstand me; it’s not to say that Amsoil is the magical elixir that everybody must have if they want the best motor oil possible. No! In fact there are very good and capable motor oil competitors out there which give Amsoil products a very good run for their money. When it comes down to it, the best motor oil for one individual may not be the best motor oil for another.

My94ZZZ, please consider revising how you plug Amsoil products. Currently, you’re not helping the cause.

CompSyn
    Last edited by My94ZZZ; 12-19-2008 at 09:54 AM. Reason: bad typing

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

Tell you what kid....stick a can of your favorite motor oil up your ass and have a nice day.

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

What an unfortunate idiot. But it is the internet you know. Well back to more mature/scientific discussions.....

Tan
    2002 GMC Yukon

I forgot to ask. Are you running a bypass setup for your Amsoil filter?

He also said Wix is better than K&N. It is made by Champion Lab, the same as Mobil 1 filter. They are very good full flow filters, and not comparable to a bypass. But everybit as goos as the Wix.

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

Quote Originally Posted by NaviDyn View Post
    I forgot to ask. Are you running a bypass setup for your Amsoil filter?

He also said Wix is better than K&N. It is made by Champion Lab, the same as Mobil 1 filter. They are very good full flow filters, and not comparable to a bypass. But everybit as goos as the Wix.
    Guy is now saying he left his desk and somebody else got on there and said all that shit....so believe what you want from him
    WIX is as good as K&N.....for flow and filtration.....
    I run one Amsoil filter right next to one WIX filter. It is a dual remote oil filter kit from Perma Cool..... http://perma-cool.com/Catalog/Cat_page31.html ....Not a true bypass setup but a full flow through both filters...I did it mainly for additional oil sump capacity and of course filtration.....my insolubles are non existant....

Light Pewter Metallic
    2000 Camaro SS M6

Glad to see there's a new expert here to teach us all from what must be an near infinite amount of experience. Now we don't have to worry about anything. We don't even have to think anymore; all problems are solved!

Or do we have to wait until your inauguration on January 20, 2009?

White
    2001 Z28

Dyson Analysis

Terry Dyson is starting a new oil subscriber information service. The cost is $100 per year, that includes a Dyson Analysis. This guy analyzes my oil and tells me things I did not even think to ask.

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

Terry is a good person and knows his stuff. Worth every penny.

Blue
    2002 WS-6

Synthetic

Page 27 of 70 FirstFirst ... 7232425262728293031475767 ... LastLast

Thread Information