Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

IM NEW! I have a camaro i love.. so ls1 family, what next?

This is a discussion on IM NEW! I have a camaro i love.. so ls1 family, what next? within the General Help forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; If you don't mind sharing secrets What's your set up, and price?...

arrest me red
    2002 z28 camaro

If you don't mind sharing secrets
    What's your set up, and price?

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

I have a Procharger D1SC supercharger on my car with all supporting mods (intercooler, injectors, fuel pump, meth, gauges) and a fully built suspension/drive train. Pretty much most everything has been upgraded on the car from a performance standpoint. I have a few things still left, but not many.

Cost? Let's not go there

Most of my add-ons are in my signature.
    It's on jackstands.

dbl clutch'n like i shld WICKEDLS1's Avatar

sebring silver
    Y2K SS CAMARO

yup John is right. most just use the 243 heads since there relatively cheap compared to aftermarkets. with a moderate sized cam and a set of 243's you will be more then impressed with the car and hard to catch from a street car point of view. Take a look at what all was done and the times my 01 ss camaro ran with what little was done to it. mods are in my signature a few posts down

Super Moderator

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

Quote Originally Posted by EPIDEMIC View Post
    What is "H/C/I"? I looked it up but wasn't having any luck. What's the cost effectiveness of it?

I didn't have a clue on what most of the acronyms and abbreviations meant on here for about the first 2 months after I joined. It was like learning a whole new language.

arrest me red
    2002 z28 camaro

Oh yes. I thought I was mildly knowledgeable as far as terms for parts on cars went... got on here and was so lost. It was mostly just guessing lol. But either way, so far I have been very very impressed with the people on this forum. They have been extremely helpful and understanding and patient with all the questions I have. Hell, Ive had people less helpful who get paid to help, lol.

Does anyone have a link to some decent heads for my ls1? I think i have a shop I'd be able to go to, as far as install. Would it be a good idea to just ask them where they get their performance parts?
    I just don't want to order some then find out i got a crap brand or something along those lines... I have bad luck with that lol.

thanks again ls1 forum for all the help!!

Super Moderator

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

Best bet is too hook up with a reputable shop that can help you make the right selection, perform the install and then tune it to run right. My next upgrade will almost have to be under the hood as everything else is about where I want it to be now. I have no clue what heads or cam to go with and will also need guidance.

arrest me red
    2002 z28 camaro

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by pajeff02 View Post
    I have no clue what heads or cam to go with and will also need guidance.

same boat. no joke

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by EPIDEMIC View Post
    same boat. no joke
    Quite a few different options to choose from. Anything from a budget friendly build all the way to an obnoxious build. When the times comes, feel free to post up a question in the external engine section regarding it. There is also a sticky in that same section about cams. Be sure to read it so you get familiar with the terminology and exactly how a cam works.

arrest me red
    2002 z28 camaro

You my friend have been extremely helpful! I need book for dummies! Lol, I have a hard time commiting to anything without every last question answered. So many questions. I think I was starting to annoy the guy at the shop who did my header install.

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

Note that should read "internal engine" section, not external

No problem. Glad I can offer some assistance.

dbl clutch'n like i shld WICKEDLS1's Avatar

sebring silver
    Y2K SS CAMARO

if your committed to doing the swap but dont wanna break the bank too bad i'd reccommend just a set of P&P 243 heads est $700 full assembled and an entire cam kit from TSP is around 650 then add 500 for a dyno tune and you will be looking at around 1850 for the majors but dont forget the little things like gaskets, fluids and such, i'd plan in the 2k range to do it and have it done right. most people will port the oil pump upgrade the timing chain (LS2 chain) and lifters (LS7 style) as well as a few other odds and ends but those aren't a must. however if you have the funds i would go ahead and do it so you wont have to mess with it again. as far as cam size just IMHO i would not go any bigger then say a TV2 or 232/234 duration and no bigger the around .595 lift this way you have a good all around cam as far as the power band goes. PM me and i can give you some links to these sites so you know exactly what your looking at

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information