silver
    2002 camaro ss

im gona buy a new (used ) SS

i sold my 98 camaro ss a year ago, but im back in the market for another camaro. Im not interested in the new camaro , but i found a 2002 ss camaro with 8,000 with t tops black on black six speed car. the guy is asking 16,000 or best offer any opions on what it could be worth

Honestly it's worth what ever someone will pay for it.

There are those that want something for nothing, and others that pay a premium for low mileage unmollested cars. As a matter of fact, when it comes to classics, low mileage unrestored/unmollested cars are the hot ticket anymore.

But with that aside, an 8,000 mile 02 SS is hard to come by. I'd personally think it's worth somewhere in the range of his asking price...a definite price?? I don't know, give or take a couple grand. I've certainly seen them advertised higher than that for low mile cars,,,,but I can't say that I've seen them advertised lower than that.

Guess you have to ask yourself what you are really after. If you are looking for something that should be trouble free for many miles and years to come,,,,it's definately tempting. You could drive the car for the next 5 or 6 years and it would still be a low mile car. Even if you put 50-60,000 on it buy the time it's 15 years old,,,that's still pretty low mileage wise.

When you look at other SS's that have been messed with, have 70-80,000 miles, (you know they are probably hard miles too) and yet the asking prices are still $10-12,000,,,,,that 8,000 mile SS for $16K starts to look pretty good if you ask me. There are abviously cheaper 4th gens out there, but really, what do ya want???
    Others would rather pay less and get a modded car. Sometimes not always the best route, and usually you end up with someone elses headaches. Very rarely do you find a modded car, done right and ready to rock for cheap.

04 Cobra 'vert - M6 mysti
    02 WS6 coupe - A4 red

+1 to what he said ^^

In my experience, that's a good price for an 02 with so few miles. When I was looking last year, I saw some with that range of mileage in stock or lightly modded form going for 18-20k or even more on a few...

Heck I paid more (just a bit) for my WS6 and it had 34k miles on it... The fact that he's not saying 'firm' on the price probably means you could lowball him and get it for maybe 15 or so and turn it into an even better deal...
    Last edited by Schmalgar; 06-16-2010 at 07:11 AM.

silver
    2002 camaro ss

thanks

I figured a 02 was a good year , my last one was a 98 . I am gona go take a look at it plus he said obo on the price . I do plan on keeping it, but i think im gona go the sleeper route this time with a sleath set up

Red
    2001 ws6

i guess where the car is located really has a big impact on how much it is.....in new york a car with 8k miles would easily sell for 20-22+

Silver
    1998 hardtop SS

FWIW a buddy of mine just paid 15K for a 10,000 mile black/black fully loaded SS. Id say that car is on par with what these cars go for.

Thread Information