Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: i want 11s!

Black
    2002 SS camaro

i want 11s!

well like the title says i want to be in the 11s.. mid 11s would be sweet to, AN!!! i want to drive it home an not worry about bringing my trailer down with me lol

heres what im working with right now:
    2002 SS m6
    ms3 cam valve springs rollers ect (all u need for a cam swap)
    kook LT with ORY an spintech/3in cutout
    all free mod
    ram stage 3 clutch with 12 lb fly wheel
    rebuilt tranny (stage 2 from trick shift)
    3 point subframe connectors
    rear suspension:
    umi adj tq arm
    umi relocation brackets
    umi rear control arms
    umi drag sway bar
    stock 10 bolt

now i no i need a rear but my question is will a 12 bolt get me to 11s or would the shock of slicks break it?

my time right now is 12.56 @ 115 60ft 2.1

Black/Black
    '00 Firebird WS6 T/A

Quote Originally Posted by 02_slp_ss View Post
    well like the title says i want to be in the 11s.. mid 11s would be sweet to, AN!!! i want to drive it home an not worry about bringing my trailer down with me lol

heres what im working with right now:
    2002 SS m6
    ms3 cam valve springs rollers ect (all u need for a cam swap)
    kook LT with ORY an spintech/3in cutout
    all free mod
    ram stage 3 clutch with 12 lb fly wheel
    rebuilt tranny (stage 2 from trick shift)
    3 point subframe connectors
    rear suspension:
    umi adj tq arm
    umi relocation brackets
    umi rear control arms
    umi drag sway bar
    stock 10 bolt

now i no i need a rear but my question is will a 12 bolt get me to 11s or would the shock of slicks break it?

my time right now is 12.56 @ 115 60ft 2.1
    so ur cammed with suspension and a good tranny and clutch? get some nittos and work on ur 60' time... you should probably have enough car, but you should be pulling 1.5-1.8 60' times, and 11's should follow once you get those down.

Black
    2002 SS camaro

i dont no if i want to take the chance with a 10 bolt seen to many break, my friend is selling his moser 12 bolt out of an a4 car an i didnt no if it would hold up to the shock of me droping the clutch

Black/Black
    '00 Firebird WS6 T/A

the 12 bolt should work great if you can snap it up

Red Tint Jewelcoat
    2008 Trailblazer SS

Moser 12 bolt = bad

Several other 12 bolts = good.
    I still prefer the 9" over the 12 bolt.

9inch/slicks and a auto and your set to go lol....and some TB work and do you have a lid?

Arctic White
    2000 Z28

I know your an M6... But headers,stall,cam and gears and 11's here. 12 bolt Moser here for 4 years no issues.

[]D [] []V[] []D
    1999 trans am

yup... get atleast a 12 bolt with 4.10 gears and a set of slicks and you're there as long as you can get your launch down....

Black
    2002 SS camaro

yea getting out of the hole is what im haveing a hard time with now, like i said i want to drive it home at the end of the day an slicks + 10 bolt = bad night lol

so power wise i should be close to the 11s, i have a bottle sitting in the back of the shop if need be

yea getting out of the hole is what im haveing a hard time with now, like i said i want to drive it home at the end of the day an slicks + 10 bolt = bad night lol

so power wise i should be close to the 11s, i have a bottle sitting in the back of the shop if need be
    slicks or no slicks....running 11s on a stock 10bolt will= a bad night

Black
    2002 SS camaro

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Luos View Post
    Moser 12 bolt = bad

Several other 12 bolts = good.
    I still prefer the 9" over the 12 bolt.
    what 12 bolt would u perfer an also how much heavier is a 9in? i heard a couple people say they lost some top end at the end of the track dew to the extra weight... how true is that

i have seen a shit load of 12 bolts break and i have yet to see one 9ich break....end of story lol

this is just my .02 on the 12bolt and 9ich thing

Red Tint Jewelcoat
    2008 Trailblazer SS

what 12 bolt would u perfer an also how much heavier is a 9in? i heard a couple people say they lost some top end at the end of the track dew to the extra weight... how true is that
    Strange.

Although still would prefer Midwest 9" for the M6 car.
    My 9" is 85-90 pounds heavier than the 10 bolt.
    Knocked off half a second due to gears and being able to hook without worrying about breaking shit.

i have even seen people get a 8.8 ford rearend and set it up to work with these cars.....hmmmmm what a waste of money that was lol

Black
    2002 SS camaro

Sooooo what every1 is saying just save for the 9in, the car dosent see the track every weekend just every now an then. My hole goal is to beat my friends Cobra, he is at 11.45 right now. An evry1 on here knows how cocky Cobra guys r lol i just want to put him in his place lol

Sooooo what every1 is saying just save for the 9in, the car dosent see the track every weekend just every now an then. My hole goal is to beat my friends Cobra, he is at 11.45 right now. An evry1 on here knows how cocky Cobra guys r lol i just want to put him in his place lol
    we are not saying the 12 bolt isnt good.....9inch is better lol.....its kinda like do it once and do it right kinda thing lol

if your going to buy new and compare them both theres only $$$ diff in the price....iv seen some used ones go for 1000-2000

i know someone selling a used 12bolt in PA and someone selling a used 9inch in FL

Black
    2002 SS camaro

Quote Originally Posted by Blackbird-WS6 View Post
    we are not saying the 12 bolt isnt good.....9inch is better lol.....its kinda like do it once and do it right kinda thing lol

if your going to buy new and compare them both theres only $$$ diff in the price....iv seen some used ones go for 1000-2000

i know someone selling a used 12bolt in PA and someone selling a used 9inch in FL
    yea i get what you r saying thats y i was asking, i didnt want to do a 12 bolt an not have to fix it AS much as a 10 bolt lol id rather just put it together once an not worry about if i want to put more power to it will it hold lol

an do u no what they want for them an where is the guy at in PA that is selling the 12 bolt?

pewter
    2000 camaro ss

At the LSX shootout i had a best for me 11.70 at 115 1.60 60 ft, Car has a lid headers and TSP x pipe and ported tb and damn old Hotcam. probly makes 360 to 380 hp. But the goods is in the rear MWC fab 9 inch with all MWC supension with Hoosier QTP. I launch at 6k off the 2 step and let her fly. Good rear and suspension+Good tire+Good 60ft= Lower ET. If my hotcam car can do it sure as hell your car can. Just tear it up.

Quote Originally Posted by zmg00camaross View Post
    At the LSX shootout i had a best for me 11.70 at 115 1.60 60 ft, Car has a lid headers and TSP x pipe and ported tb and damn old Hotcam. probly makes 360 to 380 hp. But the goods is in the rear MWC fab 9 inch with all MWC supension with Hoosier QTP. I launch at 6k off the 2 step and let her fly. Good rear and suspension+Good tire+Good 60ft= Lower ET. If my hotcam car can do it sure as hell your car can. Just tear it up.

1999 Formula WS6 M6-sold
    2001 Silverado Z71

It takes ALOT of reading up to get the full story on the 12 bolt vs. 9 inch debate. Both rearends are very good. People have strong opinions/experience for the 9 inch and strong opinions/experience for the 12 bolt. Its up to you to decide.

AND then there is also the S60 rearend....

Thread Information