black
    1998 Camaro SS

I think i broke pcv line??

I am in the middle of doing my heads/cam/headers/nitrous install and was takin apart everything and was reading the write you guys gave me for heads/cam install. it told me to pull on the pcv the goes to the front of intake. well i didnt pull on it with much force and it "broke" off in the middle of line. The weird thing is that where it broke it looks like around the line is styrofoam (spelling?) and there was tape all around the part that broke like it had been broken before and just taped back up. Was that part supposed to be like that or was it broke before and whoever had the car last tape it back up? Any info?

98 Formula
    06 duramax

the pcv valve is in there. Might've just pulled it out of the valve. Even if it's broke you can get some hose and make your own. Just keep going.

98 Formula
    06 duramax

did you get center bolt valve covers? Unless you got them from a 99 you're going to have to re-do your pcv system anyhow as most of the center bolt covers don't have the port on the rear of the passenger side. I ended up swapping with someone on here that had a 99 and was swapping to perimeter covers. here's the link when I was doing mine.
    http://www.ls1.com/forums/showthread...t+valve+covers

black
    1998 Camaro SS

Thanks for the info. ok well that was good news and bad news lol. i have this huge install and worried i wont get it done in time when it finally gets warm here in ohio. Thanks for the help th orion.

black
    1998 Camaro SS

Attachment 18254

Ok so these are like the valve covers i have, mine arent as nice as these but whatever. So these won't work with the pcv thats on the car now? What does it need to have? that hole in the back like the drivers side cover has? Anyone know where i can get a pair that will work?

98 Formula
    06 duramax

you can make those work....you'll just have to re-plumb the pcv. When I had those covers I was looking at a couple different options to make them work. You could T the port on the rear drivers with the front port on the passengers side and then have the pcv valve between that and the intake.

Thread Information