I need some f****** help

This is a discussion on I need some f****** help within the General Help forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; This whole VATS thing is really pissing me off. I followed the whole bypass thing and tried several different resistors ...

Bat mobile black
    2000 Trans am WS6 M6

I need some f****** help

This whole VATS thing is really pissing me off. I followed the whole bypass thing and tried several different resistors and several different ways including soldering them on and in series etc etc etc etc and nothing is working at all. Plus i think i fucked my ingition wires up (the two white ones).

You're doing something wrong, probably wrong pelet value. You plugged them into the BCM side of the harness, right?

www.shbox.com/1/4th_gen_tech2.html#pass_key

98 Formula
    06 duramax

the 2 white ones (in the orange sheath) are your vats wires on the column side. Start at the beginning first.....what resistance does your key pellet have? Do your resistors add up to that? How are you connecting them? Are you trying to stick them in the back of that plug like the sticky or did you cut the wires? I'll tell you how I did mine.
    I cut the 2 white wires (in th orange sheath) about 1.5" from that plug. I then soldered the resistors in a series ( end to end) between those white wires and plugged it back in.

Bat mobile black
    2000 Trans am WS6 M6

Quote Originally Posted by 0rion View Post
    the 2 white ones (in the orange sheath) are your vats wires on the column side. Start at the beginning first.....what resistance does your key pellet have? Do your resistors add up to that? How are you connecting them? Are you trying to stick them in the back of that plug like the sticky or did you cut the wires? I'll tell you how I did mine.
    I cut the 2 white wires (in th orange sheath) about 1.5" from that plug. I then soldered the resistors in a series ( end to end) between those white wires and plugged it back in.
    First i tried sticking it in the plug but i tried that a good 25 times and it wouldnt work so i tried soldering them on the white wires but the wire on those is really thin and the heat from the solder gun cut them in half basically... The head of it is totally cut off from the wires now.

98 Formula
    06 duramax

Quote Originally Posted by Lunatikgixxer View Post
    First i tried sticking it in the plug but i tried that a good 25 times and it wouldnt work so i tried soldering them on the white wires but the wire on those is really thin and the heat from the solder gun cut them in half basically... The head of it is totally cut off from the wires now.
    it only takes a little solder to tack that in place.....if you're having problem soldering it just wrap it and tape it into place. You could even use a small wire nut.

Bat mobile black
    2000 Trans am WS6 M6

11.9 on the resistor 11.8 on the key

Bat mobile black
    2000 Trans am WS6 M6

Quote Originally Posted by 0rion View Post
    it only takes a little solder to tack that in place.....if you're having problem soldering it just wrap it and tape it into place. You could even use a small wire nut.
    o ya i kno, i melt a piece of solder onto the tip of the gun and just stuck it on there and it stayed but after doing it over and over it burned the wire right in half...

Bat mobile black
    2000 Trans am WS6 M6

Quote Originally Posted by 2001NBMZ28 View Post
    You're doing something wrong, probably wrong pelet value. You plugged them into the BCM side of the harness, right?

www.shbox.com/1/4th_gen_tech2.html#pass_key
    ya i did it exactly how it was in the pictures

Bat mobile black
    2000 Trans am WS6 M6

i have a 12k ohm resistor that messured out to 11.9 ohms and i soldered it to the 2 white wires and then plugged it in and im getting nothing....

98 Formula
    06 duramax

can you post a picture of how you have it hooked up?

1999 Formula WS6 M6-sold
    2001 Silverado Z71

Hopefully its something like this. Connect the 2 white wires to each end of the resistor

1999 Formula WS6 M6-sold
    2001 Silverado Z71

The other thing to try is to measure your spare key also just to make sure you trying the correct resistance.

ʢ ൧ ൨ ൩ ൪ ൫ ൬ ൭ ൮Ր Ց Ւ Փ Smittro's Avatar

White
    2008 Hummer H3

Flux

o ya i kno, i melt a piece of solder onto the tip of the gun and just stuck it on there and it stayed but after doing it over and over it burned the wire right in half...
    Did you flux it? If the iron is fully up to temp it should only take less than a second or two for the solder to make the "jump" from the gun to the wire and spread out. Solder follows heat and flux travel..
    :\Users\Steven\Pictures\d6ftg5nh.gif

Suggestion: If you are particularly irritated by another member's posting habits and are constantly fighting the urge to flame them, you can click on that person's profile, and select "Add to ignore list." This will make that person's posts invisible to you.

Bat mobile black
    2000 Trans am WS6 M6

Ya i got it fixed. Wasnt the vats.

ʢ ൧ ൨ ൩ ൪ ൫ ൬ ൭ ൮Ր Ց Ւ Փ Smittro's Avatar

White
    2008 Hummer H3

Thumbs up

Cool! Glad you got it figured..

long and strong Willfully Armed's Avatar

Black
    01 WS6 (stock)

What was it?

Bat mobile black
    2000 Trans am WS6 M6

something stupid like i figured all along, it was a fuse. 10 amp fuse on the side panel, couldnt even tell it was blown unless u held it up to some light. I can post a pic if u guys want lol

Thread Information