I need some Advice please.

This is a discussion on I need some Advice please. within the General Help forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; I have my WS6 payed off now and I really want to spend some money on it. My original plan ...

LSX, Oklahoma

2000 WS6 Trans Am M6

I need some Advice please.

I have my WS6 payed off now and I really want to spend some money on it.

My original plan was to build a all out 408 540rqhp/500rwtq was my peak goal. My family owns a engine shop in OKC so parts are cheaper than like Texas-Speed but still Expensive.. Like you all know looking 8-9,000$ for the motor..

So I have really recently been looking at just boosting my stock motor (upping the fuel system of course). Since I miss having a boosted car anyways (98GTP before). Because I could pull the motor put a good set of rods and pistons in it and I would be good to go for a little while (00 ws6 so maybe a ls6 intake?).

I have 5-6,000 at the moment I want to spend what would you guys do?

Save up some more money and get something else

OR I saw this,

Is that my best bet? I need advice.

Tell me what you think please!

Tujunga, CA

01 Camaro 6speed

Well, i would do heads and cam if you havent already with a Fast 92 since you plan on F/I in the future you will really benefit from it plus H/C with Fast 92 will make a huge difference. Understanding that you wont hit your RWHP and RWTQ goal but with mods you have now you should pull 460+ rwhp easily with a good tune, H/C and Fast 92. If all you have now is 5-6k then thats what i would do, pulling the motor putting in good set of rods, pistons, bearing and so on plus a supercharger will cost more then that but if your willing to wait since youve waited this long you have a good start and saved up a good amount. You might have enough funds to really build good amount of power but also set yourself up good for the future if you still plan on going F/I. You can go many ways with it and its really preference on what you want and how to spend it.

Thread Information