I Need Mud Flaps!! LOL

Well I bolted up my 315s last night, the install went pretty well...no issues getting them on. Though I am going to hit my fender lips IF the suspension compresses that much at some point (I'll have to check the travel with some ramps) And the Torque Thrust M's are looking damn sexy if I do say so myself.

But I realised those big sticky tires are going to throw a lot of mud and gravel into the back of the car. Has anyone here ever seen mud flaps for our F-cars? It might look a bit odd, but I think if properly styled a "mud flap - like" piece of black plastic could actually look good back there and definetly save the paint a lot. I just hope such a thing exists.
    If anyone knows where to find something like this, please let me know.

Silver
    2005 Ram Daytona

I would say look for a set of corvette splash guards, i'm sure good ol' ebay would have some

Blown, Stroked, & Sprayed

Black
    383 Procharged & N20 Vert

I picked up a set from Pep Boys a while back. My friends give me shit all the time. But it keeps the paint clean.
    Black 1999 Blown Convertible A4
    Forged 383 | ATI D-1SC
    NX MAF Kit | 222/226 .585 115
    AS Stage II 6.0L FI Heads
    Moser 9" | 3.70 | Wavetrac | 35 Spline | Vigilante 3600
    548.0 RWHP - 563.8 RWTQ - 10# - D1

666.0 RWHP - 734.2 RWTQ - 125 Shot - P1

Black 2009 Escalade Hybrid 4WD

Yo Da Lin The Valley..... astyles's Avatar

this guy needs mud flaps!

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

I see a lot of people at the car shows using standard black mud flaps that are attached to the wheel well using a set of black binder clips (used for documents). On when you need it... and off when you don't. If there was a good looking permanent flap, I would definitely consider it though.

always dirty
    2013 Ram 2014 Caddy ATS

Check the exterior mods section. Someone used corvette guards.

Quote Originally Posted by pajeff02 View Post
    I see a lot of people at the car shows using standard black mud flaps that are attached to the wheel well using a set of black binder clips (used for documents). On when you need it... and off when you don't. If there was a good looking permanent flap, I would definitely consider it though.
    Exactly right!!

This is what I do. Just standard black mud flaps that are cut and trimmed to fit the contour of the wheel lip,,,,then simply attach using the black binder clips. They are strong as hell and I haven't lost one yet.

I travel up and down a dirt,,sometimes gravel,,,sometimes mud,,,road to get out of our neighborhood. Hard to keep a car clean for a cruise in,,,but the temporary mudflaps have kept the rock chips to a minimum.

I run drag radials 100% of the time on the chevelle. But I only use the flaps going up and down the dirt road. Once on the other side I take them off and toss them in the trunk.
    Actually the drag radials aren't too bad at picking up rocks on the street if you drive civilized. BUT,,,,once you haze the tires just a bit,,,,,they will pick up all kinds of trash. I just refrain from that sort of behavior unless absolutely necessary

[]D [] []V[] []D
    1999 trans am

just roll your fenders... that will help a little...

Onyx Black
    2002 SLP Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Blown Vert View Post
    I picked up a set from Pep Boys a while back. My friends give me shit all the time. But it keeps the paint clean.
    I was thinking about possibly picking up a set and then shooting them the same color as the car..................did this with my Corvette and got a ton of positive comments.............since they matched the color of the car a lot of people actually thought they were a factory option........had them on both the front and back

Does anyone know how the corvette guards will fit? I've found a place online where I can order them for $80 painted any stock corvette color or $60 in mate black (for a set of 2)

I think they'd look alright on the WS6 from the picture, but I guess its hard to say without actually seeing them on the car....just wondering how they would fit.

SILVER
    2004 CTS-V

I would never put mud flaps on a sports car.

I would recommend using clear stone guard. It is easy to install and cheap and you barely even notice it.
    I have had mine installed for about a year and I need to re-do it since it is becoming more noticeable. It honestly lasts a long time. It repels dirt and tar better than your fender alone.

I live on a dirt road and it is muddy all of the time and stones destroy the paint. My previous Black SS had no paint left on the fenders and I was not going to let that happen again.

On the front fenders, I wrapped the whole section under the moulding. The rears just have a small section.

This pic does not do it justice since it's now been a year since I installed it! IGNORE THE CIRCLED ITEMS IN THE PIC

I can't put something like that clear stuff on a classic car though,,,which is why the temporary flaps that are removed after I'm clear of the dirt road work for me.

98 Formula
    06 duramax

I think you can get a mud flap/gun rack combo at pep boys.....that's what Ed runs.

Quote Originally Posted by 0rion View Post
    I think you can get a mud flap/gun rack combo at pep boys.....that's what Ed runs.
    I knew I was missing something

Thread Information