white
    1998 trans am

i need help with catalytic converters

can anyone tell me where can i find a catalytic converter for both side . i know this not place to post this but i am stuck here in germany and dont know where to get it. Also i need it direct fit because in germany they cant cut or weld !!! thank you

Life in the Fast lane sunsetorangess's Avatar

Met. Sunset Orange
    01 SS

Check the Forsale section, or check ebay, if nothing else try calling a dealer and see if they will ship to germany.
    J
    2001 SS, Its not the car its the Driver that matters....

pewter
    99 vette

If your on an army base it most likely has a craft shop, and they do cutting and welding there. I am assuming your military by your screename. There are universal catalytic converters that can be had for around 100 bucks if you shop around, summit and jegs take decades to ship stuff over here. When I had my stang here I ordered stuff from latemodelrestoration.com they sell mostly mustang stuff but also sell a bit of gm and mopar stuff as well. They offer free shipping to APO's and if you call and order over the phone they give you a 5% military discount on top of that. They saved me a shit ton of money when I built my mustang over here and they have great customer service and fast shipping. Too bad they don't sell much stuff for GM's as I have sold the stang and replaced it with a vette. I think they sell a uni cat on there. I don't think you need catalytic converters in germany to pass inspection though. My mustang had an off-road h-pipe on it and smog pump eliminator kit and passed with no probs. You would be better cutting out the cat and welding some regular piping in place. It would save you some coin and it would give you a little power as well. Where exactly are you stationed in Germany?

white
    1998 trans am

Quote Originally Posted by MachWon View Post
    If your on an army base it most likely has a craft shop, and they do cutting and welding there. I am assuming your military by your screename. There are universal catalytic converters that can be had for around 100 bucks if you shop around, summit and jegs take decades to ship stuff over here. When I had my stang here I ordered stuff from latemodelrestoration.com they sell mostly mustang stuff but also sell a bit of gm and mopar stuff as well. They offer free shipping to APO's and if you call and order over the phone they give you a 5% military discount on top of that. They saved me a shit ton of money when I built my mustang over here and they have great customer service and fast shipping. Too bad they don't sell much stuff for GM's as I have sold the stang and replaced it with a vette. I think they sell a uni cat on there. I don't think you need catalytic converters in germany to pass inspection though. My mustang had an off-road h-pipe on it and smog pump eliminator kit and passed with no probs. You would be better cutting out the cat and welding some regular piping in place. It would save you some coin and it would give you a little power as well. Where exactly are you stationed in Germany?
    i am at grafenwoehr. yes i am military and thank you for all the information. i dont know about passing inspection with out cat converters. i have to go and ask first if i can yes i will cut them off. yes we do have craft shop here run by same guys doing the inspection . i will stop by there and find out tomorrow. question; if i cut them off what that will do? i mean isnt that bad for engine or anything?

black
    2002 WS6

not it's fine won't hurt anything but the environment a bit. THe only thing it will do is causea couple of codes to pop up for the cats, and those are easy enough to eliminate.

pewter
    99 vette

Quote Originally Posted by adamsoldier View Post
    i am at grafenwoehr. yes i am military and thank you for all the information. i dont know about passing inspection with out cat converters. i have to go and ask first if i can yes i will cut them off. yes we do have craft shop here run by same guys doing the inspection . i will stop by there and find out tomorrow. question; if i cut them off what that will do? i mean isnt that bad for engine or anything?
    No, like Orcus79 said it will increase the emissions on it but it will also give you a slight performance edge as it will help your exhaust breathe more freely. I use the craft shop at Grafenwoehr all the time. I have also done a lot of exhaust work on cars at that shop for freinds. The shop has a welder and plenty of tools to cut plumbing with including a cutting torch. I have a busy schedule but perhaps I could help you with it.

white
    1998 trans am

No, like Orcus79 said it will increase the emissions on it but it will also give you a slight performance edge as it will help your exhaust breathe more freely. I use the craft shop at Grafenwoehr all the time. I have also done a lot of exhaust work on cars at that shop for freinds. The shop has a welder and plenty of tools to cut plumbing with including a cutting torch. I have a busy schedule but perhaps I could help you with it.
    you are my hero:P well if you in graf area you must be know my TA because it is only WHite TA here. i was at the craft shop today and i asked them. they gave me a GO on cutting of cat converters. Yes if you can give me hand on that i will be greatfull and if it is ok i pay you for your time. because like i told you i have no idea about welding and cutting pipes. by the way my name is adam and my cell is 015154761138 d1

pewter
    99 vette

You don't have to pay me anything, I enjoy working on cars, I just don't know when I will be able to do it. I beleive I have seen your car before, It's really clean looking. BTW the guys that work at the craft shop will do the welding for you, they don't charge much, all we have to do is cut out the cats and get our hands on some piping.

white
    1998 trans am

You don't have to pay me anything, I enjoy working on cars, I just don't know when I will be able to do it. I beleive I have seen your car before, It's really clean looking. BTW the guys that work at the craft shop will do the welding for you, they don't charge much, all we have to do is cut out the cats and get our hands on some piping.
    big sgt i lost your phone number

Thread Information