Black
    2002 WS6 TA

i can't get the car into closed loop

I can't get the car into closed loop. what does it take to get it there? I mean really it only needs to meet a couple perameters to do so, the engine temp is at 180*, the O2's have varying voltage (they only have a few hundred miles on them) so they should be warm enough. when i'm driving it it flashes fast from open/closed and stays open at idle. I think I checked every thing but obviously I'm missing something. any ideas? what other variables does the PCM want to go to closed loop. could the O2's be bad already? could xome other sensor be readingbad info and not letting it close?
    thanks!
    Last edited by blackonblackws6; 10-24-2008 at 01:48 PM.

Life in the Fast lane sunsetorangess's Avatar

Met. Sunset Orange
    01 SS

What mods?
    J
    2001 SS, Its not the car its the Driver that matters....

Black
    2002 WS6 TA

all the basic mods, LT's, air lid, cat back, mild cam 220/224, beehive v-springs, 85mm MAF 90/90 TB& intake, converter, gears, NGK plugs, 10.5 Taylor wires. like i said the 02's don't have much time on them but I know that doesn't mean a lot. car ran great until the cam then i started having issues ( at first start of engine after install) like this one and a rough starting/ stalling. so far the cam & springs mod is the only one that kinda regret although it should be that way. and I'm not convinced thats the cause of the non closed loop issue just trying to eliminate one issue at a time and this one may be the easyest and help solve the other. IDFK! and to be truethful... Compcams cam help was no help. the said "we don't know, it should run. but again the open loop issue could have been there before the cam swap but thats when i noticed it on the scan after having running prob with new cam.
    Last edited by blackonblackws6; 10-24-2008 at 01:53 PM.

Black
    2002 WS6 TA

put the F...ing car back to stock but the headers and MAF (stock cam) runs great! still the open loop issue. I started a new thread for the open loop issue. becuase i wasn't getting a response with this one. just wanted to close the confusion with this issue with all the mods on it I didn't want to have all that shit be in question as to why it ran like ass. stock cam runs great now.

Thread Information