Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

huge problem

This is a discussion on huge problem within the General Help forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; Originally Posted by 35th-ANV-SS Who knows why they would have a used one laying around. Could have very well been ...

Red
    1998 Camaro Z28 Conv. M6

Quote Originally Posted by 35th-ANV-SS View Post
    Who knows why they would have a used one laying around. Could have very well been cats off off of one of the mechanic's cars who in turn wanted to put new cats on his car.

They take his off, send it in. GM gives them a credit for a new cats. Correct? They get new cat/s and put them on their own car.

People are shady like this. I wasn't referring to all dealerships either, but there are a lot of dishonest people out there looking to make a quick buck or scam someone....even more so in this economy.

I went to the dealership last to see if they would scan my ABS code for me...they are like we are going to have to charge you $100-$125...then I was like...Greg is my cousin...he was like oh...well we'll hook you up and then did it for free...come one now. Took 10 seconds literally.
    Wow....I rest my case...........sounds like overcharging to me......or shall I say a criminal act of theft against the consumer......

Velocity Yellow
    2008 Corvette Z06

Quote Originally Posted by 35th-ANV-SS View Post
    Who knows why they would have a used one laying around. Could have very well been cats off off of one of the mechanic's cars who in turn wanted to put new cats on his car.

They take his off, send it in. GM gives them a credit for a new cats. Correct? They get new cat/s and put them on their own car.

People are shady like this. I wasn't referring to all dealerships either, but there are a lot of dishonest people out there looking to make a quick buck or scam someone....even more so in this economy.

I went to the dealership last to see if they would scan my ABS code for me...they are like we are going to have to charge you $100-$125...then I was like...Greg is my cousin...he was like oh...well we'll hook you up and then did it for free...come one now. Took 10 seconds literally.
    Well I can assure you not all dealerships are like that at all. Quite the contrary, especially in this economical time. We value every single customer that walks through the door and want to give the best experience possible. Shady acts of business happen in all over the grid. From your small local garage to a large scale dealership sure.. but labeling all dealerships as over priced and scam artists is not entirely correct.

Red
    1998 Camaro Z28 Conv. M6

Quote Originally Posted by konigandy6 View Post
    Well I can assure you not all dealerships are like that at all. Quite the contrary, especially in this economical time. We value every single customer that walks through the door and want to give the best experience possible. Shady acts of business happen in all over the grid. From your small local garage to a large scale dealership sure.. but labeling all dealerships as over priced and scam artists is not entirely correct.
    Well said. You could apply this thinking to anything in life......labeling, generalizing a group (s) of any type is ignorant/dangerous.....HOWEVER if YOU or ANYONE on here went to let's say 4 dealerships over time and we got taken by ALL of them.....WE would have an ISSUE with ALL DEALERSHIPS or at the very least possess a strong disposition of distrust towards them in the future.........................BUT that being said man I wish YOUR place opened up shop in my area!!!!!

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by konigandy6 View Post
    Oh I agree with you. I'm not labeling and saying all dealerships are that way. I know better than to make that assumption and yes it's unfortunate that there are some out there that give a bad rep for the one's actually who are honest and do good work at a fair price. Clearly though the one spoke's went to was not one of those, at least by the sound of it. In the end, I'm glad he got his problem resolved.

Blog Entries

Black
    2002 SS Camaro

thanks for all the help guys i probably would of never checked the cat i didnt know it affected idle... But i have a new dealership im going to Sport Chevy its the number one Corvette dealer in all of maryland and they have a service department just for the corvettes... I feel like my car is getting special attention

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information