Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

huge problem

This is a discussion on huge problem within the General Help forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; it sounds like a bad cat. the more throttle you give it the more exhaust gas is created. it would ...

Pewter
    2000 Pontiac Trans Am

it sounds like a bad cat. the more throttle you give it the more exhaust gas is created. it would be harder for the increased exhaust gas to get out.

Blog Entries

Black
    2002 SS Camaro

i meant cat and thats pissing me off they just replaced both at the dealer

Metallic Blue
    2001 Chevrolet Camaro Z28

Hmmm well, one thing i have learned is to never just overlook a part becasue it is new. It is possible that they were a faulty part. I would keep looking because if it was a clogged cat your manifold would glow red after being on for some time.

Metallic Blue

Does it backfire any when you say it bogs?

Blog Entries

Black
    2002 SS Camaro

It does not I was looking at the fuel filter and it looked fine so im sending it back to the dealer tomorrow to see if they gave me a faulty cat

long and strong Willfully Armed's Avatar

Black
    01 WS6 (stock)

Quote Originally Posted by 10spokess View Post
    It does not I was looking at the fuel filter and it looked fine
    Fuel filters dont have a "visible" fail.

And for gods sake man, cut the cats OFF!

Red Tint Jewelcoat
    2008 Trailblazer SS

Huge fail in spark....since you determined it is getting fuel.
    Like half of the motor.

Check connections at the coil packs. See if any spark is jumping while it is running.

How does it idle?

Blog Entries

Black
    2002 SS Camaro

it idles like shit it just falls bellow 500 rpms and my car doesnt even have a cam in it

Red
    1998 Camaro Z28 Conv. M6

Man, sorry to hear this 10spokeSS......how long ago did you get your exhaust/cats replaced by dealer??

Red
    1998 Camaro Z28 Conv. M6

I know this is a longshot, but did you recently clean your air filter? Did you spray it down with too much oil??? Oh, check your front O2 sensor wiring.....make sure everything is plugged in right......

Blog Entries

Black
    2002 SS Camaro

It was the cat the dealer had replaced my cats with a used one in order to save down on costs. You can just say i got on their case and they replaced them for free

Red
    1998 Camaro Z28 Conv. M6

Quote Originally Posted by 10spokess View Post
    It was the cat the dealer had replaced my cats with a used one in order to save down on costs. You can just say i got on their case and they replaced them for free
    What!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This type of service is unacceptable!!!!!!!! A used one????? I swear dealerships are THE WORST PLACE to go unless you wanna get robbed for everything.........BUT I'm glad you got what you should have gotten the first time.........

Blog Entries

Black
    2002 SS Camaro

Yeah I didnt think it was legal to do that im thinking about reporting them just if you live in pasadena or in md dont go to JBA chevy

Metallic Blue

Thas a load of bs man eff the dealership I'd report that shit. They stick it to te man every chance they get! Sometimes the man is lucky to get the upper hand.

Red
    1998 Camaro Z28 Conv. M6

Quote Originally Posted by Blue_01_Z28 View Post
    Thas a load of bs man eff the dealership I'd report that shit. They stick it to te man every chance they get! Sometimes the man is lucky to get the upper hand.
    Amen bro!!!!

black
    02 ss camaro

Quote Originally Posted by jb3golf View Post
    What!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This type of service is unacceptable!!!!!!!! A used one????? I swear dealerships are THE WORST PLACE to go unless you wanna get robbed for everything.........BUT I'm glad you got what you should have gotten the first time.........
    Not all dealerships are like that...Why any dealer would replace a warrantied cat with a used one is beyond me and is about the stupidest shit I've ever heard of.I don't understand how replacing a warrantied cat with a used one would cut down costs for the dealer....GM pays for the repair

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by importhater81 View Post
    Not all dealerships are like that...Why any dealer would replace a warrantied cat with a used one is beyond me and is about the stupidest shit I've ever heard of.I don't understand how replacing a warrantied cat with a used one would cut down costs for the dealer....GM pays for the repair
    They probably sent in the claim for a new one and used a used one would be my guess. Therefore they are out $0 money as far as cost and get reimbursed from GM for the new one! Stealerships are a joke!

Velocity Yellow
    2008 Corvette Z06

Quote Originally Posted by 35th-ANV-SS View Post
    They probably sent in the claim for a new one and used a used one would be my guess. Therefore they are out $0 money as far as cost and get reimbursed from GM for the new one! Stealerships are a joke!
    We are not that much of a joke!!! First off, if there is a warranty claim made for anything, the part replaced HAS to go back to GM upon request. Why would a dealership have a used converter laying around is beyond me, and why they would choose to put it on your vehicle. That whole situation puzzles me and makes 0 sense. And GM money is GM money... if they sent the claim in without charging out a part, the claim would be denied. That's why it doesn't make sense... no matter how you look at it, they had to get a new one.

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by konigandy6 View Post
    We are not that much of a joke!!! First off, if there is a warranty claim made for anything, the part replaced HAS to go back to GM upon request. Why would a dealership have a used converter laying around is beyond me, and why they would choose to put it on your vehicle. That whole situation puzzles me and makes 0 sense. And GM money is GM money... if they sent the claim in without charging out a part, the claim would be denied. That's why it doesn't make sense... no matter how you look at it, they had to get a new one.
    Who knows why they would have a used one laying around. Could have very well been cats off off of one of the mechanic's cars who in turn wanted to put new cats on his car.

They take his off, send it in. GM gives them a credit for a new cats. Correct? They get new cat/s and put them on their own car.

People are shady like this. I wasn't referring to all dealerships either, but there are a lot of dishonest people out there looking to make a quick buck or scam someone....even more so in this economy.

I went to the dealership last to see if they would scan my ABS code for me...they are like we are going to have to charge you $100-$125...then I was like...Greg is my cousin...he was like oh...well we'll hook you up and then did it for free...come one now. Took 10 seconds literally.

Red
    1998 Camaro Z28 Conv. M6

Quote Originally Posted by importhater81 View Post
    True.......BUT it seems over time I've heard some pretty bad stories about dealerships overcharging..............

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information