Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

how to tell a z28 4rm an ss

This is a discussion on how to tell a z28 4rm an ss within the General Help forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; Originally Posted by 02midniteblu-ss ok guys i checked the front sway bar mesured 32 maybe a hair short but way ...

Navy Blue Metallic
    `98 Formula M6 HdTp

Quote Originally Posted by 02midniteblu-ss View Post
    ok guys
    i checked the front sway bar mesured 32 maybe a hair short but way close.check all my shocks all are orange..so im guessing its the reaL DEAL
    ANYMORE ADVIVE WOULD HELP
    Most F-body shocks are orange Decrapon's.

Run the vin through here
    http://www.compnine.com/vid.php

Look for the WU8 code.

BTW guys it's just another Camaro.....
    Last edited by 9T8W66; 10-06-2010 at 04:47 PM.

Light Pewter Metallic
    2001 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by 02midniteblu-ss View Post
    ok guys
    i checked the front sway bar mesured 32 maybe a hair short but way close.check all my shocks all are orange..so im guessing its the reaL DEAL
    ANYMORE ADVIVE WOULD HELP
    run the VIN
    2012 Regal GS

2004 Cadillac CTS-V (Sold)
    2001 Camaro SS (Sold)
    1999 Camaro Z28 (Sold)

Quote Originally Posted by 9T8W66 View Post
    Most F-body shocks are orange Decrapon's.

:
    Not sure on that one. I know both of my SS's are the only 4th gens I've noticed that on. The Z28's I've had didn't have the orange shocks.

I do know for certain the SS's came with specific coil springs made by Eibach, and if it's a low mile car and clean enough, you can see the Eibach stickers with part numbers on the coil springs. Because of that I'm pretty sure the shocks were valved differently to go with the package along with the larger sway bars.

Black
    2001 Camaro SS

there used to be a sticky that said "vehicle inquiry" check the camaro home page.. the guy would run ur vin and post all ur options and stuff, thats how i checked mine

"V73 - STATEMENT OF VEHICLE CERT.-U.S. /CANADA WU8 - "SS" PERFORMANCE/APPEARANCE PKG INCLUDES: *325 HORSEPOWER *FORCED AIR INDUCTION HOOD *17" ALUMINUM WHEELS *SS SPECIFIC REAR SPOILER *P275/40 ZR17 GOODYEAR F1 TIRES *HI PERF. RIDE & HANDLING SUSP. *LOW RESTRICTION DUAL OUTLET EXHAUST SYSTEM *POWER STEERING COOLER *SS BADGING "

it said that... anddd also i believe theres a number around here u can call SLP with your vin and theyll give you the info as well.

Light Pewter Metallic
    2001 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by Maro SS View Post
    there used to be a sticky that said "vehicle inquiry" check the camaro home page.. the guy would run ur vin and post all ur options and stuff, thats how i checked mine

"V73 - STATEMENT OF VEHICLE CERT.-U.S. /CANADA WU8 - "SS" PERFORMANCE/APPEARANCE PKG INCLUDES: *325 HORSEPOWER *FORCED AIR INDUCTION HOOD *17" ALUMINUM WHEELS *SS SPECIFIC REAR SPOILER *P275/40 ZR17 GOODYEAR F1 TIRES *HI PERF. RIDE & HANDLING SUSP. *LOW RESTRICTION DUAL OUTLET EXHAUST SYSTEM *POWER STEERING COOLER *SS BADGING "

it said that... anddd also i believe theres a number around here u can call SLP with your vin and theyll give you the info as well.
    this info is all good here. these are both easy ways to find out.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information