Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

how to spend about $15k on 135k mile trans am

This is a discussion on how to spend about $15k on 135k mile trans am within the General Help forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; Originally Posted by mark21742 I'd start with the suspension, then rear, then tranny and finally the motor. that way you'll ...

whote
    98 T/A RAM AIR

Quote Originally Posted by mark21742 View Post
    I'd start with the suspension, then rear, then tranny and finally the motor.
    that way you'll be able to get a great handling car that can put the power to the ground and stay under control.
    2nd if you do work from the rear forward hopefully you won't be breaking parts.
    when it comes to the tranny, what do you want the car for?
    an M6 will be more fun on the street and get better mpg, but a built a4 with the proper stall for your motor will be quicker and more consistant in the 1/4 mile.
    also I'd look for a good deal on a good deal on swaping out your 98 computer for a 2000+ computer better opperating system and (more adaptable to mods)

for $15,000m I'd have a supercharged 408 under the hood of my goat

is there a market out there for used strange or moser 9" 12 bolt rear ends, ill suck up the 2500-3000 if I have to as a last resort but if I can find a reliable used one for half the cost I'd lean towards saving the $ where I can- - aside from the classifieds on this site, craigslist & ebay are there and other suggested websites, for used parts street rod parts?

hugger orange

Quote Originally Posted by bossho View Post
    is there a market out there for used strange or moser 9" 12 bolt rear ends, ill suck up the 2500-3000 if I have to as a last resort but if I can find a reliable used one for half the cost I'd lean towards saving the $ where I can- - aside from the classifieds on this site, craigslist & ebay are there and other suggested websites, for used parts street rod parts?
    if your going to get one, just put it on your wish list and wait and look everywhere, if you take your time usually you can find a deal

Awaiting Activation

SOM
    1998 T.A.

Quote Originally Posted by bossho View Post
    They are HARD to find. I have been looking for 6 months and when they hit a classsifieds board they go in hours if not minutes sometimes. And they still usually bring $1700 average...

That tells you something about how weak these 10 bolts are. I am scared to run my drag radials cause I am pretty sure one more dead hook and my noisy junk is going KABOOOOM

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information