Black
    2012 Charger SRT8

How to really change the Fog light bulbs on a 1998+ Trans Am

I've read many forums on how to change the fog light bulbs on a 1998-2002 Trans am and they either tell you to open the headlights and reach your hand down and change them or go from underneath and remove the 3 clips and go from the bottom. Both are right since you have to use both methods. To avoid confusion this is how I was able to change the bulbs: (brief explanation since a full write up on both methods can be found an internet search away)

1.Drivers side fog light: You can open the headlight then remove the plastic headlight trim and then have access to the fog light bulb from above. Even having adult sized hands there is room. EASY.

2. Passenger side fog light: No way anyone with hands bigger then a small elf will be able to grab the bulb from above. Not sure if earlier models have a smaller washer fluid reservoir or not, but the washer fluid reservoir blocks access on my 2002 TA WS6. You will have to go from underneath by removing the 3 clips below the bumper to gain access and blindly feel for the bulb and replace.

Hopes this helps others to avoid an hour of cussing.
    Last edited by blaine; 11-11-2014 at 11:13 AM.

11 years of bangin gears cammed goat's Avatar

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO M6

I never knew you could remove the foglight bulbs from the headlights. Years ago, I had a customer with a 93-97 T/A come in with a bulb issue. He replaced the bulb, but he didn't install the bulb correctly, and the bulb melted the housing. When I diagnosed the issue, I put the car on the lift and did the three pin/pull shield routine. When he came back with a new foglight assembly, did the three pin/pull shield routine and swapped the lens.

Thread Information