Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

how much voltage doe's the 99 TA need to start the car.

This is a discussion on how much voltage doe's the 99 TA need to start the car. within the General Help forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; Originally Posted by 0rion you can see on the schematic on the side of the relay that 87 and 30 ...

silver
    99 ws6

Quote Originally Posted by 0rion View Post
    you can see on the schematic on the side of the relay that 87 and 30 is where the connection is made......I can't make out the other side of the relay because it's blurry. If it's clicking though it's most likely fine. What exactly is the car doing when you try to start it? Does it try to start at all or do you hear the starter solenoid click? Nothing at all happens? Interior lights dim when you try to start it?
    yes you are correct the 12v pos & neg should be on pins 87-30.wietd mine was clicking on the wrong pins,

I think I'll order a backup relay localley there $14. online there $4.
    the advance auto store tryed to sell me a backup light relay I assume the relays are all the same just differnt application, like is the cooling fan also the same relay as the starter? like if the relay has these pin % 85-86-87-30 there all the same relay?

anyway I took a break and started looking real close at the dash lights and observed the security light blink

and thought could it be that dam VATS that dam VATS that I resolved 10 years ago well I removed the resister replugged

the dam VATS and waited the three minutes for the dam VATS security to go off well it never did and I tryed five times anyway I replugged in the resisters back into the dam VATS and it start right up.

Now what is that small wire that connects to the oil pan just under the starter that got broke when I was removing the starter? and how is it's plug removed from the sensor on the oil pan?

I would like to reconnect this wire will I have to drain the oil pan to remove this senser?

any tips on this would be nice.

Thanks Guy's for the surport.
    Last edited by qwik219d9; 08-30-2014 at 12:25 AM.
    cam-LTs-FAST78-Susp.-Rims

Navy Blue Metallic
    98 T/A w/a little mods...

Quote Originally Posted by qwik219d9 View Post
    Now what is that small wire that connects to the oil pan just under the starter that got broke when I was removing the starter? and how is it's plug removed from the sensor on the oil pan?

That should be the oil pan sensor. So yeah you need it. If it's disconnected form the wire loom you should be able to pull the connector off and reconnected it. The sensor stays in the pan.

silver
    99 ws6

is this the oil level switch?

I wonder how the connecter that fits inside it's holder (bracket) is removed? like is there a tab or clip that needs to be squeezed or pryed? I don't believe there's enought wire on the connecter to splice it back
    together.

I'd like to know how to remove this wire I'm thinking it's part of the starter installation to have this wire removed.
    Thanks
    Last edited by qwik219d9; 09-01-2014 at 06:22 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information