Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

HOW TO: install power window motor

This is a discussion on HOW TO: install power window motor within the General Help forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; witch autozone motor is it the one you guys are using?...

2002 Arctic White T/A Ws6islife's Avatar

Metallic Pewter
    2002 SLP Firehawk

witch autozone motor is it the one you guys are using?

Black/Black
    2001 T/A WS6 M6

They only had one when I bought mine, around $60 with tax.
    Last edited by rkh3; 05-18-2010 at 01:17 PM.

Black
    1999 Z/28 M6

well my motor crapped out on me the other day at work...thankfully we had one in stock that i picked up this morning and put in this afternoon.

the site provided with the pics was excellent.

when i got into the drivers door i came to discover that the motor had already been replaced once. the absolute worst part of the entire thing was getting the motor rotated properly into position seeing as how i could not see much of anything. i probably struggled for a good 30 min on that alone although the rest of it...taking it apart and putting it back together took maybe 30 min total.

the one word of advice that i have is do yourself the favor and take out the speaker for greater access. window now works great...better than it ever has since i have owned the car. moves so bloody quick now that i almost thought about changing the passenger side just so that they are equal in speed.

Bright Rally Red
    2000 Camaro SS #5075 M6

+1 on removing the speaker. It comes out really easy. Also what helped me align that stupid motor was the bolt pattern. You can tell where the rivets went on the oem motor and then match with the new motor. Get one lined up and then just rotate the motor till you see the second hole. At that point all holes should be aligned. I used the smaller set of nuts and bolts, then used a nut driver to get access through that fiber glass panel. Putting the nut on the back worked best for me.

Quick Silver
    2002 Z06

We now have instructions that may be easier for some people to follow. www.autotrix.net/install

Slow Passenger Window - Want Passenger Express Down - Tired of Replacing DayTime Running Light Bulbs

Camaro Owners Click Here
    Firebird Owners Click Here

Need instructions to replace your F-Body window motor?
    www.AutoTrix.net

Yellow
    2002 Trans Am CETA

Just curious, will this kit that will speed up the passenger window do something to speed up the driver window too? Because on our 02 Trans Am both windows are slower than any of the ones on that video on the Autotrix website. They don't stop and go like some others but they almost don't look like they are moving they are going so slow. What all do I need to make these windlows go faster?

Quick Silver
    2002 Z06

Check this post out for some detailed info on the kit:

Slow passenger window? Check this out.

Black/Black
    '00 Firebird WS6 T/A

k, having a tough time because my motor is stuck DOWN. Any advice on how to lift it? Seems the current bad motor is resisting my attempts to do so manually...

Quick Silver
    2002 Z06

I have never had to tackle that sort of predicament. I've seen other post about it. Hopefully somone who has done it can chime in.

My first assumption is to go ahead and drill out the motors rivets so it falls off and the window will move up.

Honestly you should comb the internet and search on xxxTech forums also. I'm sure you can find some more help than my guessing

Black/Black
    '00 Firebird WS6 T/A

it worked. i just pulled the old one out and the window was down already so it didn't fall. rubber cushions ftw. also, it seems like the 2x4 or whatever is a tad unnecessary - window slides easily, but presents no real danger of falling when you're working on it. maybe just my car.

anyway... autozone sold me a bad motor. got it put in and nothing happened, thank god i didn't put the door panel back or i'd be bombing them right about now. so test the new one before you install it everybody...

VERY easy install overall. No bitchin' from me except crappy refurb parts that don't work.

Quick Silver
    2002 Z06

Awesome! That is great to hear.

Sunset Orange Metallic
    2002 Z28 Hardtop

Quote Originally Posted by richard head View Post
    it worked. i just pulled the old one out and the window was down already so it didn't fall. rubber cushions ftw. also, it seems like the 2x4 or whatever is a tad unnecessary - window slides easily, but presents no real danger of falling when you're working on it. maybe just my car.

anyway... autozone sold me a bad motor. got it put in and nothing happened, thank god i didn't put the door panel back or i'd be bombing them right about now. so test the new one before you install it everybody...

VERY easy install overall. No bitchin' from me except crappy refurb parts that don't work.
    Ive had the same problems with autozone parts. Bad ignition condenser and coil for another car.

Congrats on the motor install.

brian.mayer@gmail.com
    2001 Pontiac TA WS6 Vert

Hey all - just got our Trans Am this weekend from my father-in-law and right before our 2400 mile ride home the driver window got stuck and took about 15 minutes of inching up every few minutes to get it fully closed. Sounds like it's time to replace the motor...

I just replaced my driver door window regulator in my 740iL which fixed it... but it sounds like just replacing the motor could take care of this one for us... I am on the Autozone website now - can you guy recommend the right part number in their inventory, please? The motors you've used that seem to work really well for you?

Thanks much in advance!
    B

1999 Formula WS6 M6-sold
    2001 Silverado Z71

ttt

Black
    '98 Z28

Just wanted to share my experience with everyone. I replaced my passenger window motor about a year ago. It's been out for about two months. I replaced the motor and did the electrical fix this time around. The window flies up and down. Only took about an hour to do this time with all the electrical added. I highly recommend the window fix kit. We'll see how long it holds up.

dbl clutch'n like i shld WICKEDLS1's Avatar

sebring silver
    Y2K SS CAMARO

just bought an ac delco from one of the stores we use here at the dealership for 26.14. man i love my hook up on parts

Navy Blue Metallic
    98 T/A w/a little mods...

Hey wicked, do the drill out and replace the rivets. It takes longer to take the panel off then it does to drill and replace the motor.

BANGIN GEARS>STAB N STEER BLK2KSS's Avatar

TRIPLE BLACK
    2000 CAMARO SS M6 #2100

done this before but very good info here... will def use it for a refresh when i tackle my driver side motor in the very near future

Bat mobile black
    2000 Trans am WS6 M6

i did mine today on the driver side. Bought it from Hawksthirdgenparts for 45 bucks because autozone's was 58.99.. Mine was really easy because someone that had the car before already had the holes drilled out! So all i did was drill the rivets and replace. Simple task

maroon
    2002 v6

loud thumping

When I roll my window all the way up there is a loud thumping. Also it rolls down but won't come up. I have to pull it up with my hand. Any ideas of the problem?

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread Information