SOM
    2002 SS

How do I put my plate bracket/grille back on??????

Ok so I bought an 01 and the stock grille is hideous so I rippd it out by yanking it. Seems like the bottom tabs slide in but the top seem to be like plastic pins that probably had nuts on the back of them inside the bumper. How the heck do i reach back there to get it back on?

I got pulled over already today for not having a front plate so I think I better leave it on the z. I havn't had one on my c4 vette for 10 years but i don't plan on driving that every day. any help would be appreciated !

Give me a place to stand. levityinc3's Avatar

Red
    2000 SS '89 IROC-Z

Quote Originally Posted by 5abivt View Post
    Ok so I bought an 01 and the stock grille is hideous so I rippd it out by yanking it. Seems like the bottom tabs slide in but the top seem to be like plastic pins that probably had nuts on the back of them inside the bumper. How the heck do i reach back there to get it back on?

I got pulled over already today for not having a front plate so I think I better leave it on the z. I havn't had one on my c4 vette for 10 years but i don't plan on driving that every day. any help would be appreciated !
    I had to glue mine back in because I did the same thing. Just use plastic repair and goop it on the three plastic screws and stick it in and let it sit. I've seen a few people put their license plate on their plastic rock guard thing beneath the car. They bend it around it then screw it in near the top. It works and looks pretty good, too.

SOM
    2002 SS

I dont really want to goop on the bumper since I do plan on taking the plate off sometimes.

So theres no way to get a hand back up in there and put the nuts back on? I'm not abel to check now since my car is across the street and they're paving the sidewalks etc. i don't feel like getting down under the car till i bring it back in the garage.

Give me a place to stand. levityinc3's Avatar

Red
    2000 SS '89 IROC-Z

Quote Originally Posted by 5abivt View Post
    I dont really want to goop on the bumper since I do plan on taking the plate off sometimes.

So theres no way to get a hand back up in there and put the nuts back on? I'm not abel to check now since my car is across the street and they're paving the sidewalks etc. i don't feel like getting down under the car till i bring it back in the garage.
    I spent a long time looking, to no avail. Even if you were able to reach the back of the plastic bolts, you probably stripped them when you pulled it out as I did. How about you try putting your license plate on your rock guard? Just crawl under, bend right below the numbers on the plate around it, and then screw it at the top.

Here's for when you remove your bracket and want to put it back in, if you choose to glue it.

http://ls1.com/forums/showthread.php?t=113667

Thread Information