The name says it all !!!FAST!!!'s Avatar

Black
    2000 WS6, 2006 G35

How do I get rid of these codes?

Posted this in External a couple weeks ago but no help. --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A while back I installed a BBK SSI intake and it started throwing the codes. I remember someone had the same issue and said they changed out the cooling lines that lay under the manifold with LS6 lines. Is this the best route to take? It feels like it is sitting flush with no hang ups. I've taken it off multiple times and made sure everything is attached correctly and it seems fine. I've cleared the codes from the computer and after driving for about 30-40 miles it will pop back on. Codes are for Bank 1 and Bank 2 running lean. The car doesn't idle great anymore either. At times it will die when I come to a stop and others when I push in the clutch the engine speed takes a little while to decrease. Otherwise it drives fine, has plenty of power. I changed everything at once and here's the list. SLP lid and CAI, BBK SSI intake, BBK 85mm throttle body, Magnaflow Catback, March 25% UD pulley, SLP smooth air bellows, and SLP high flow MAF. I took the MAF off and put my old one back on. I did notice on the bottom of the intake there is a removable plate. Should I pull it back off and seal the plate and bolts with sealer? Everyone I talk to says it sounds like a vacuum leak but no one can find anything. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Clay

98 Formula
    06 duramax

I've read where people have had clearance issues under those intakes. I've never installed one of those so I have no first hand experience with them. Did it come with different valley cover bolts? I believe the fast intakes do because of clearance issues. From what you're describing it sounds like you have a vacuum leak either there or somewhere else. Have you checked your pcv hose that goes into the TB to make sure it's not cracked on the backside? Pretty common for them to crack there.

Black
    2000 Camaro SS Conv.

Vacuum leaks will generally make it hunt for idle. It sounds to me like you've got enough added there to require a tune

Black
    2000 WS6, 2006 G35

After all this time, taking the intake off, putting it back on over and over again, I think I found the problem. When I pulled the throttle body off I just happened to look in the hole into the intake and noticed a small bolt sticking up. I noticed a small hole adjacent from it that appeared to be missing a bolt. I pulled the intake and checked under some foam that was placed there by the company and there it was...a missing bolt that made an opening into the intake. I looked under the back peice of foam and surely enough it was also missing a bolt. I replaced them and checked for anythiing else. Once I was sure everything was good to go I put everything back together and started it. Right off the bat idle was perfect. I cleared the codes and drove it saround. It drove like a dream and presented no codes. Next step...smog. I love California. Thanks for everyone's help. I will let everyone know how it does on smog tomorrow.

Clay

Black
    1998 Trans Am

Nice, The bolt was inside the intake? That could have been bad news if it went down into the head.

Black
    2000 WS6, 2006 G35

No the bolt hole that I saw was inside the intake but the actual bolt went in from the outside bottom through to the inside.

Black
    2000 Camaro SS Conv.

Glad you found it.

Thread Information