Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

How did you get to 340-350 rwhp

This is a discussion on How did you get to 340-350 rwhp within the General Help forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; Hehe, sometimes my friend you just have to sacrifice for the greater good...

Bat Outta Hell

Black
    96 Z28Ttops, 98 Z28 Conv.

Hehe, sometimes my friend you just have to sacrifice for the greater good

SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by NightRiderZ View Post
    Hehe, sometimes my friend you just have to sacrifice for the greater good
    lol yea I suppose so.

If I can find a cam that won't sacrifice my low end or kill my gas mileage and won't give me cold start or idle issues while still giving me that nice jump in power (close to 400WHP), I would probably consider it.

Black
    2005 GTO

Macs, catted y, lid, smooth bellow, ported tb, underdrive and a tune gave me 358/369 at the rear.
    05 PBM GTO
    Cold Air Inductions CAI,
    Relocated IAT with omega,
    Slp Predator tune,
    Flowmaster axle back with H pipe,
    Custom tuned TCM.
    BC Racing coil overs

Sold 01 z28

White
    01 Camaro 6speed

JonB, how was the install on the Macs, any issues with them ? im seriously considering mac mids or Pacesetter Lt's. Do you still have good ground clearance?

Just a souped up sunfire. Ryans99LS1's Avatar

SOM
    99 Trans Am

Skip the MACs and go LT's. Ive got the mids on my car and i dont have any clearance issues but you shouldnt with a good h pipe on lt's either. I like my mids(came with the car) but i feel like they are holding it back some, dunno why.

TA-White, Camaro-Black
    Track-TA98A4 DD-98z28M6

cam and full ehaust.... 385rwhp 4k stalled a4 with 410s on a low dyno

Black
    2005 GTO

Quote Originally Posted by karpetcm View Post
    JonB, how was the install on the Macs, any issues with them ? im seriously considering mac mids or Pacesetter Lt's. Do you still have good ground clearance?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryans99LS1 View Post
    Skip the MACs and go LT's. Ive got the mids on my car and i dont have any clearance issues but you shouldnt with a good h pipe on lt's either. I like my mids(came with the car) but i feel like they are holding it back some, dunno why.

Ground clearance is great. The biggest thing with the macs is they need work out of the box, there not just a bolt on and go. Well they can be but that will be the shitty header that everyone bashes online, with work they will be a much better header. Two things I did to them was ported the primaries. Once you see a set of macs you will know why I did this. The welds are on the inside not the outside and they are horrible and IMO would most defenetly affect the effiecency of them. The second thing I did was cut off the ball flange which is were the mac y-pipe would attach. Bassically the ball flange reduces it down from 3in to my guess would be 2 1/4in. Then I had a custom catted y-pipe made to complete the setup. Over all I am very pleased with the setup I picked the macs up used locally for under $100 which if you check the for sale section I'm sure you could find a set for cheap.

Just a souped up sunfire. Ryans99LS1's Avatar

SOM
    99 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by JonB View Post
    Ground clearance is great. The biggest thing with the macs is they need work out of the box, there not just a bolt on and go. Well they can be but that will be the shitty header that everyone bashes online, with work they will be a much better header. Two things I did to them was ported the primaries. Once you see a set of macs you will know why I did this. The welds are on the inside not the outside and they are horrible and IMO would most defenetly affect the effiecency of them. The second thing I did was cut off the ball flange which is were the mac y-pipe would attach. Bassically the ball flange reduces it down from 3in to my guess would be 2 1/4in. Then I had a custom catted y-pipe made to complete the setup. Over all I am very pleased with the setup I picked the macs up used locally for under $100 which if you check the for sale section I'm sure you could find a set for cheap.
    Exactly. That flange where the y pipe connects is a killer. You can pick up a set real cheap but id rather spend another $50 or so on a set of used lt's

Still The Junior Member RedVertTA's Avatar

Red+White Top and Stripes
    2000TransAmConvertible A4

I would skip the macs and go LTs. Tuning should take you the rest of the way. If you still come short, you could also consider other bolt ons, ported Tb, aftermarket MAF, underdrive pulley. But they probably won't yield huge gains.
    FAST 90/90, SLP Lid, Kooks JetHot Coated LT's, American Racing Y-Pipe+Magnaflow Cats, DHM Electric Cutout, Flowmaster American Thunder Catback, HP Tuners Software, 343 rwhp.

BMR Convertible Subframe Connectors, Hotchkis Strut Tower Brace, BMR Driveshaft Safety Loop.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information