Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

How did you find us?

This is a discussion on How did you find us? within the General Help forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; Google, typed in ls1, seen ls1.com, joined. Ive stayed because I like ls1.com's atmosphere. It seems like there is a ...

Sarge for AAG Emperor hutch1999's Avatar

06 HD Softail
    1998 Trans Am m6

Google, typed in ls1, seen ls1.com, joined. Ive stayed because I like ls1.com's atmosphere. It seems like there is a place for everyone, techs to answer anything, and we have one of the best kill sections on the web.

My Neighbors Hate Me!!! lvbroham1's Avatar

Artic White
    2001 Chevy Camaro SS

I had to replace the rack and pinion on my 2000 SS. Looked for info on doing it everywhere and here was the only place I could find help. A couple of guys gave me some tips and the next day it was replaced. It probably would still be on jackstands without the help, thanks.

blue
    1999 camaro ss #976

how i came to this site. i had a power steering cooler problem, google ls1 and this site poped up and became a member since.plus i like the peeps here the chat room and all the 411 this site has to offer. and thx for beeing a great camaro site, for all the camaro and t/a lovers

NBM
    99 TA

I began lurking on this site in 2003, I was 17 and dreaming of an LS1 Trans Am. I rarely posted because I didn't know enough about the cars and I mainly looked around for ideas and to learn about the pro's/con's of the LS1.

I found the site basically by guessing, i wanted to know about LS1's so I typed in LS1.com (obvious right.)

I found so much information here, and everyone seemed to be close friends even though it was obvious that they lived all across the continent. It seemed like a great atmosphere and a fun place to hang out.

Eventually I tried out another LS1 based forum, which did not seem to welcome its members nearly as well as this site, So LS1 is where I stayed.

In June of 2004, I FINALLY found my Dream Car (almost... i wanted a black ws6 but could not find one near in my budget) A NBM 6 Speed TA was now all mine, and I could not have been happier!

I researched on LS1.com every single day looking for ideas and learning new tips and tricks. I bought some WS6 wheels off a fellow LS1 member.

Then one day, I log in to find that the site had crashed
    I was lost haha. Eventually it came back and It seemed as though alot of members had disappeared. The True LS1ers stuck around and made this site back in to what it is today!

Now that I have owned my car for several years and have gained a great deal of knowledge through this site, I can now use that knowledge to help out other members and those who are new to the game. I also have bought several parts through other members because they seem to be trustworthy and I have yet to have a problem buying parts off this site.

The sponsors on this site are also great and I have used several of them with great success

I am not mechanically inclined for the most part, but i read the tech sections everyday and I help out where I can (mostly in the general help sec.)

The AAG forum is a large part of this community and I think it shows how well most of these members get along, that we call all sit back and BS about any topic. I think as long as members do their best to help out other members with technical problems and give advice based on personal experience, then there is nothing better than kicking back in the AAG for a few minutes and having a couple laughs.

I love this site and I am here because of the people, and the mods (who are very fair to everyone, unlike on some other forums i have been on).

Sorry for the long post

LS1.com FTW
    Last edited by KyleLs1; 12-18-2007 at 10:00 PM. Reason: spelling

White
    2001 Z28

I was looking up some parts on the BMR Fabrication website. They have a series of links for cars they produce products for. I stay with this site because it provides useful insights, and data can be shared. That and a good laugh!

[]D [] []V[] []D
    1999 trans am

i found this site when i was looking ot buy a new car... i seen a WS6 go by me and i fell in love... i went out bought a T/A after doing some research here... then i did the free mods a few days later...
    i stayed around cause new shit was always coming out for our LS1 cars... and i made a bunch of friends... there waqs a point when it used to be ask a question and get flamed to death for it... but that stopped when the site split... some good people stayed... some good people left... eventually it turned in to one big family...
    Last edited by Spaz; 12-19-2007 at 10:17 AM.

eating bulldog
    son of biscuit

googled "ls1 performance help"..and ..whaddya know..my new home awaited me

Red
    2000 Camaro SS # 5,876

How I Started

Well back in the day me and my friends were all about the V8's... His mom owned a 94 Z28... we always rolled around in it... well we visited the forums to just know everything that we could about the Maro's/Bird's/Vette's... Ever since then I been on here not as a member but just as a kid learning new things... then i Bought my 2000 Camaro SS at the age of 18 when i graduated High School and ever since then i have been on here looking at new things asking questions with all you wise LS Gurus. Its a awesome site and won't go anywhere else!

OH YA LS1.com FTMFW!

BLACK
    Z/28 LS1

I actually joined LS1tech first, but do to people freaking out about using the search feature and being way too uptight, I searched further and found LS1.com. There are alot of good people here,good information, and the atmosphere is laid back-I didnt have to look any further- I come here everyday at least two times. I dont bother going to any other LS sites-no reason.

Artic White
    2002 Camaro SS

I found the site from another person's post on another forum. Signed up and joined. Stayed here as this is a good site for reference. Its a good commmunity of F body enthusiasts who have helpful info as well as myself providing info that may help others.

Black
    1998 Pontiac Trans Am

i knew about these sites way before i got my car. LS1, LS1tech, LS2, NJFBOA, MyLS1 etc... However all the other sites sucked balls. NJFBOA was good, but it was only ppl from jersey. LS2 was way to slow...no1 ever replied and i have like 2 posts on that site. LS1tech is gay. The site is way to big and if u dont keep bumping ur threads every morning, they will disapear before you know it. Not to mention there are WAY to many scammers on that site. I PM'd a moderator requesting more info on a certain user becasue I thought he was trying to rob me, and he never even replied back. This site is the best and every1 around here respects each other and is willing to help others out if needed.

green
    94 z28

I found it looking for mods and general info when I first bought my camaro from google.

I stayed because this place has great information, great people that are willing to go out of their way to help you if they can, and even when you don't feel like talking about cars you can go on down on the forum and have fun without discussing cars.

Arctic White
    2000 Formula

I found LS1.com by trying to find info on piston slap.

white
    2002 z28

woow great topic!

well freind told me about this in like 2000 but never signed up just read all the topics bc all the anweres were there + i was out of my leage at the time. but after 3 f bodys and posting i got lots of knoldege . i fell like i have a masters degree on ls1's now

i stayed bc you will always get fast anweres, exellent how to's, and i actually feel like this site is home, and everyone seems to be friends like a lil ls1 family

2005 GTO M6 Black
    2000 Z28 A4 Red

Was yahoo-ing different cam information which linked me to a thread here. Stayed because the atmosphere is in general less hostile and more helpful instead of "why you asking me newb" type of feel on some other LS sites. It was also large enough to not worry about not having new posts to go through or fear of not being around months later. And of course lots of information from people not out of a book but out of the grease pit.

Blown, Stroked, & Sprayed

Black
    383 Procharged & N20 Vert

Smile

We have a Winner!

02WS6dream

PM me your Mailing Address and if you want a calendar or a shirt. And what size.

And KyleLs1, you had such a good response. I will also send you one.

And to the other members. Thanks for being part of the site.

NBM
    99 TA

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Blown Vert View Post
    We have a Winner!

02WS6dream

PM me your Mailing Address and if you want a calendar or a shirt. And what size.

And KyleLs1, you had such a good response. I will also send you one.

And to the other members. Thanks for being part of the site.
    Sweet Thanks ED!
    PM me whenever and ill give you my info!

Yo Da Lin The Valley..... astyles's Avatar

a guy at work(who is a mustang guy)told me about this site when i had a prob with my z28....since then i have had alot of problems solved by looking them up on this site...i may not post in the tech sections but i do buy from the sponsers and seek advice from the guys who know on here......when they answer...

black, 05 Roush
    black, 99 T/A WS.6

An older cousin of mine who got into F-bodies before I did, recommended this site to me once I finally purchased my first F-bodie. I have stayed here because it is a much more friendly environment than some of the other sites. You can ask a question with out worry-ing about some one bashing you for not knowing something that some would consider common sense. Alot of the guys here are alot more receptive to new members and trying to help them wether they agree with what mods the guy wants or what ever the case may be.
    1999 T/A WS6 Black -------SOLD
    05 mustang Roush sport;
    DOB manifold, m122 SC, 47lb injectors, gt500 TB, roush TVS CAI, Detroit rocker SC grind camshafts, Mac LTs, off road x, roush off road mufflers, roush short throw shifter, kenne bell BAP, Brenspeed 93 octane tune. 479rwhp 436ftlbs SAE.

red
    2001 formula

I like everyone else found you guys last year by doing A LS1 search after I bought my 2001 Formula with a blown engine. This forum is worth it's weight in gold. Thanks guys for all the help.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information