red
    2000 WS6

Hose on top of intake?

I just bought my first LS1 car last night. A 2000 WS6 Auto and I love it so far. It was pouring down rain when I looked at it so I missed some imperfections here and there but she still looks good. I looked under the hood this morning just to get a better idea whats going on in there and I saw a hose that goes right behind the throttle body, in the very front of the intake. It has been cut and clamped shut. The car has full long tube headers so I was thinking this might be EGR since it is also wrapped in heat wrap. What is it and should I be concerned?

Black
    99 WS.6 - Modified

Sounds like an EGR delete. There is a delete plate you can buy to remove the clamped hose setup you have. Looks much better. No need to worry about it though.

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

Welcome to the site!

Is your check engine light on? If not, the tune has probably been altered to remove the light command from error reporting on the EGR system.

Black / White
    '00 T/A M6/'19 Hemi Truck

sounds like a half a$$ed EGR delete...I would recommend doing what Walt said and getting the actual block off plate because that input on the top of the LS1 intake is pretty notorious for having vacuum leaks so you want to make sure its sealed correctly. Hawks Third Gen sells the block off plates along with quite a few others...WS6 store should have them as well.

red
    2000 WS6

Thanks guys that's what I thought. Ill get that plate ordered

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

Welcome to the site.

Red
    99 Z28

I have the setup from speed Inc which is really nice. And yes it does sound like egr delete. Do the longtubes have provisions for EGR?

Light Pewter Metallic
    2000 Camaro SS M6

Although it looks like crap, as long as that cut EGR tube is sealed well, you should be fine. However, getting the proper block-off plate is best for the long-run.

Welcome to the site and to LS1 ownership. May both serve you well.

Black / White
    '00 T/A M6/'19 Hemi Truck

Quote Originally Posted by GatorSS View Post
    Although it looks like crap, as long as that cut EGR tube is sealed well, you should be fine. However, getting the proper block-off plate is best for the long-run.

Welcome to the site and to LS1 ownership. May both serve you well.
    Usually the issue with that tube is the gasket at the bottom of it tends to warp and the tube itself doesnt always sit flush in the intake. The plates seem to fit a little more snug for some weird reason...could be a larger diameter on purpose for that exact reason maybe? I've never looked at measurements of the plates so I wouldnt know if thats the case but it would make sense

BLACK
    1998 PONTIAC TA

When I removed my EGR tube from on top of the intake, I went to the local auto parts store and got a rubber plug that is actually designed to be a freeze plug. You don't even have to remove the throttle body. Just bolt it in. It's been in there for well over 10 plus years and no issues. Ive have done this also on other cars after removing the EGR system. It's a clean install and gets the stock EGR tubing completely out of the car.

Quote Originally Posted by RONS98TA View Post
    When I removed my EGR tube from on top of the intake, I went to the local auto parts store and got a rubber plug that is actually designed to be a freeze plug. You don't even have to remove the throttle body. Just bolt it in. It's been in there for well over 10 plus years and no issues. Ive have done this also on other cars after removing the EGR system. It's a clean install and gets the stock EGR tubing completely out of the car.
    Yep, did the same thing years ago before switching to the LS6 intake. Rubber expandable freeze plug does the trick, cheap and simple.

Thread Information