Thread: Hoodliner

Bright Red
    1999 Trans Am Ws6

Hoodliner

How do you remove the hoodliner, I want it gone! But I do not want it to look like shit with adhesive and bits of it still stuck on. Any tips from people that have done it.

08 Mustang GT/CS Blue
    2002 Trans Am WS6 traded

I've never seen a hood liner on any pics of our cars; and mine doesn't have one... what's the deal with that? formy/ta hoods have one?

White over Red
    1991 Suburban

There shouldn't be any adhesive. The idea behind it is if there is a fire in the engine the plastic clips will melt and the liner will drop on the engine and smother it. I wouldn't put much faith in it. Anyway you just need to pull the plastic clips out that hold it in place and your set.

Giant Dicks Car Club Zapper2003's Avatar

2005 Ram
    1978 Firebird

yeah, the plastic 'christmas trees' hold it on, there's probably a dozen (give or take) and they're about 1-1/2" around, just grab em with pliers and yank em out, they make new push-ins every day so dont worry about ruining them.

Black
    98 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by 02WS6dream View Post
    I've never seen a hood liner on any pics of our cars; and mine doesn't have one... what's the deal with that? formy/ta hoods have one?
    One came on my stock '98 T/A hood from the factory. The GM Ws6 hoods didn't.

Giant Dicks Car Club Zapper2003's Avatar

2005 Ram
    1978 Firebird

Yeah, I'm pretty sure only the steel hoods got a liner. I'm not sure about being a 'fire supressant' as much as it would be a insulation barrier to keep the paint from boiling or bubbling on the steel hood from the underhood temps in summer, as they're more of a heatsoak than the fiberglass would be.

Thread Information