Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 28 of 28

Holy water pump batman

This is a discussion on Holy water pump batman within the General Help forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; Water=not coolant.. correct?...

  1. #21
    Impounded
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Beaver Dam KY
    Posts
    7,746

    79 T/A -91 Firebird
    1998 Trans Am -Oynx Black

    Water=not coolant.. correct?

  2. #22
    T/A is in Bahrain! 13nickels's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Manama, Bahrain
    Age
    38
    Posts
    139

    Red
    1998 Trans Am WS7

    Quote Originally Posted by JoshieDoom View Post
    Water=not coolant.. correct?
    correct, however i dont run coolant currently. just water. if that clears up anything.

  3. #23
    Millennium Falcon mpfranks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Akron, Oh
    Posts
    689

    Red
    2000 Trans Am WS.6

    Quote Originally Posted by 13nickels View Post
    correct, however i dont run coolant currently. just water. if that clears up anything.


    you waited till now to tell us that!? of course it matters. that means water can leak from anywhere coolant would normally pass through. get your car pressure checked and just find out for sure.

    and get some coolant in your car you clown. its called coolant becuase it doesnt get hot enough to boil, and its also called antifreeze cuz it wont freeze. running straight water can cause some serious serious problems.

    again...

  4. #24
    Markeyse Jamar Mundy M-ManLA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Sylmar, California, United Sta
    Posts
    209

    Gray
    2000 Camaro GT Street V6

    Don't mean to jack the post, but I am going through the same problem. I had this problem last month, but then I got coolant changed and it went away. Now it is back. Could it be the coolant? or Thermostat maybe.

  5. #25
    Impounded
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Beaver Dam KY
    Posts
    7,746

    79 T/A -91 Firebird
    1998 Trans Am -Oynx Black

    Running straight water is fine.... but kinda crappy you didnt tell us it was water before.. lol

    Most tracks require WATER only coolant.

    Boiling=more PSI=more cooling. You will be fine/better without antifreeze as long as it doesnt get below 32 degrees...

    Time to start turnin wrenches

  6. #26
    T/A is in Bahrain! 13nickels's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Manama, Bahrain
    Age
    38
    Posts
    139

    Red
    1998 Trans Am WS7

    Quote Originally Posted by mpfranks View Post


    you waited till now to tell us that!? of course it matters. that means water can leak from anywhere coolant would normally pass through. get your car pressure checked and just find out for sure.

    and get some coolant in your car you clown. its called coolant becuase it doesnt get hot enough to boil, and its also called antifreeze cuz it wont freeze. running straight water can cause some serious serious problems.

    again...

    yeah yeah, soory, its just one of those things you dont think about, everyone assumes everyone else runs coolant and the onty place water could come from is the A/C components, however no one knwo my experience level with cars so most assume newb. Again sorry for the mix up. Im in a very mild climant so heat and frezing are not a problem. But thanks for the check.
    ?R/A Hood, SPL lid, SLP Bellows, OBX Headers w/ Off road Y pipe, SLP Loud Mouth II, HyperTech Tune, MSD Wires, 3.73 10 bolt, Brembo Rotors, Eibach Sportlines, Bilsteen HD Shocks, 35mm fr 25mm r sway bar.

  7. #27
    Junior Member Circa307's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Anderson sc
    Age
    31
    Posts
    84

    Silver
    98 Trans Am

    I just had mine go out on me. I know that it was going to go out cuz i could see the ( water marks) on the bottom of the pump where water would seep out of the pumps shaft and would run along the bottom of the pump. couldn't see water but i could deff. tell that water ran out and dried on the bottom. Another way to check is to simply take the belt off and just try to shake the water pump pullie. good pumps shouldn't wiggle or even spin to easily. also when i filled the rad. back up i had a huge air bubble in my system. I actually though that my thermostat was stuck shut. However the air bubble was so big that when the rad. was FULL non of the water would even go into the engine when it did warm up. I counted this by draining all the water then refilling the system :1st by pulling the top rad. hose off and filling the ENGINE up . then fill the rad. WORKED PERFECT.. just my .02 hope it helps somebody

  8. #28
    T/A is in Bahrain! 13nickels's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Manama, Bahrain
    Age
    38
    Posts
    139

    Red
    1998 Trans Am WS7

    Quote Originally Posted by Circa307 View Post
    I just had mine go out on me. I know that it was going to go out cuz i could see the ( water marks) on the bottom of the pump where water would seep out of the pumps shaft and would run along the bottom of the pump. couldn't see water but i could deff. tell that water ran out and dried on the bottom. Another way to check is to simply take the belt off and just try to shake the water pump pullie. good pumps shouldn't wiggle or even spin to easily. also when i filled the rad. back up i had a huge air bubble in my system. I actually though that my thermostat was stuck shut. However the air bubble was so big that when the rad. was FULL non of the water would even go into the engine when it did warm up. I counted this by draining all the water then refilling the system :1st by pulling the top rad. hose off and filling the ENGINE up . then fill the rad. WORKED PERFECT.. just my .02 hope it helps somebody
    tried sumthin simular, ran the system hot then filled, pressurized and opened to fill again. thanks

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Holy Glitter, Batman!
    By hamburger68 in forum Camaro / SS
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 05-25-2009, 12:49 AM
  2. holy Corvette batman
    By Zapper2003 in forum Almost Anything Goes
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: 12-22-2008, 09:50 AM
  3. Holy MPG Batman!!!
    By imflyn in forum Domestics and Foreigns
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: 09-29-2007, 03:48 AM
  4. Holy Stall Batman!!!!!
    By slims00ls1z28 in forum Drivetrain
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 05-19-2007, 04:40 PM
  5. Holy Sh** Batman!
    By OnEbAdReDSS in forum General Help
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 05-09-2006, 05:13 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •