Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Holy Grail of Lube

This is a discussion on Holy Grail of Lube within the General Help forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; Originally Posted by Sarge OK.....I am confused as hell. If I had a dual remote perma cool setup....running two full ...

Thumbs up By-Pass set-up

Quote Originally Posted by Sarge View Post
    OK.....I am confused as hell.
    If I had a dual remote perma cool setup....running two full flow filters. Could I just replace one filter with an Amsoil bypass filter. Is the restriction of flow built into the filter or the mount?

I undersatnd the bypass filter only flows about 10% of the oil and do not wish to introduce a "damn" in my oil flow. I guess my question here is ......does the Amsoil bypass filter "trickle" oil from the normal flow into and out of the amsoil bypass filter or is this done in the Amsoil Dual Remote filter setup?

Then to confuse my old butt even more read this exchange between Gary Allen and Pablo selling Perma Cool Dual Remote Filter setup to this guy.
    http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums...Number=1955325

Ordered the amsoil bypass kit and bypass filter today from CompSyn. Sum Bitch better peddle that big wheel of his lickety split to the ranch with it.
    Alright, I've been stretched a little thin lately with scheduling and whatnot so I haven't able to get around to everything going on. Alright Sarge, I see you ordered the by-pass set-up, thanks! We appreciate it. I also assume you got studied up on how the system works which lead to your purchase.

For all who want to know more about it, the by-pass works by having two different types of oil filters working in unison. One filter is a Full-Flow which is dedicated to filtering 100% of the oil. The second filter or by-pass filter receives 10% of the oil flow and filters it very slowly. So what about oil flow? With this by-pass set-up and combination of nanofiber filters, there's little or no oil pressure differential across the system. Remember that micro or nano glass filtration is able to flow 100% of it's filter media surface area while at the same time filtering to a very fine level. You're also adding at least two more quarts of oil capacity to the system so the engine doesn't even know it's in place other than the ultra fine filtered oil coming back into the system.

Now, Amsoil states that the by-pass filter is capable of filtering down to 2 microns which is interesting as one tribologist has found that filters capable of filtering oil to that level begin to strip the oil of it's additive package. So with this testing, it would be interesting to see ISO particle counts and the starting add pack levels beginning with a VOA.

Just brainstorming here:

1) VOA with ISO particle count of lube used in test.
    2) UOA with ISO particle count (current OE style spin on oil filter).
    3) Perhaps a second UOA with ISO particle count (current OE style spin on oil filter).
    4) UOA with ISO particle count (with new By-Pass filtering system).
    5) Perhaps a second UOA with ISO particle count (with new By-Pass filtering system).

Also, I've also been told that it's very easy to outside contaminate a Used Oil Sample that's going to get ISO particle count. If you do end up with an oil sampling petcock of the by-pass manifold, it shouldn't be too hard to collect a good clean uncontaminated used oil sample. If you don't have access to the oil sampling petcock, you could always use an oil sampling extraction hand pump and get the sample via the oil dipstick tube. Now that's thinking with your dipstick!

CompSyn

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

LOL...thanks man....I got an extractor.....after research Amsoil had the tried and true solution. Others are still "experimenting" trying to copy Amsoils solution.

Somebody hacked BITOG for a minute tonight. Then it was gone. I got a screen shot About 20 minutes ago.

Talking Hilarious!

LOL...thanks man....I got an extractor.....after research Amsoil had the tried and true solution. Others are still "experimenting" trying to copy Amsoils solution.

Somebody hacked BITOG for a minute tonight. Then it was gone. I got a screen shot About 20 minutes ago.
    Click for full size
    Ha, Ha, that's hilarious! Bet Helen had her granny panties in a bunch

CompSyn

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

Evil geeks.

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

Question.....is there some difference between the Amsoil by pass unit and say a full flow oil filter relocation setup? I see the Baldwin B50 filter has the 1/8" hole in the top of their bypass filter and I am curious if this is sufficient to alter flow while maintaining adequate flow/pressure to the motor.

If I had a perma cool dual remote filter setup. Had the full flow filter first and the bypass filter second. Would the bypass just be taking approximately 10% of the oil out of the stream and filtering down to a couple of microns then returning the oil back to the stream? Without a pressure or flow issue to the engine?

Is the Amsoil dual by pass mount doing something different than a regular perma cool full flow remote filter mount? Or is this flow in/out of the bypass filter being regulated at the filter and the small orifice?

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

I sent this question to Amsoil Tech...........we'll see what they have to say....
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Can I install a Amsoil bypass filter in line with a regular full flow filter? I have a Perma Cool dual filter remote setup and am curious if I can buy a Amsoil bypass filter and place it in the second slot behind the full flow filter without negative pressure/flow issues.
    Is the Amsoil ByPass mount doing something a regular full flow mount is not doing? Or is the flow being regulated by the bypass filter orifice and not by anything in the mount itself?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information