Thread: Hit n Run

black
    2001 trans am

Hit n Run

Hey guys,

So I was involved in a hit and run incident this Friday. I came out of my house friday night to find out that someone had hit my car and just left ! Now I'm assuming since it was a hit/run and my car was parked at my house my insurance rates are not gonna go up...correct? Anyone had a similar thing happen to them before? TIA for any info...

Sarge for AAG Emperor hutch1999's Avatar

06 HD Softail
    1998 Trans Am m6

This shit sucks, it just happemed to me at school, someone just hit me and took off. I didnt turn it into insurance because I didnt want my insurance to raise. I just paid $500 dollars out of my pocket to get it fixed and painted.

black
    2001 trans am

That sucks dude! i'm getting an estimate today to see how much it's gonna be. Did your insurance tell you that your rates were gonna go up even though it was a hit n run? I'm with allstate and i'm gonna be pissed if they do that shit. Deductible is $500 so i'm probably just gonna pay out of pocket, but i'm just curious as to how insurace companies handle these situations...

06 HD Softail
    1998 Trans Am m6

yea it was gonna go up, my deductible is $500 also. I got one estimate for a $1000 which sucked. Then I went to this old man who had been doing body work for 30 years, and owns his own shop, he told me $500 would take care of it. Be sure to check around it will pay off.

black
    2001 trans am

yeah that's what i'm doing. I actually spoke with my agent at allstate and she told me to file an "uninsured motorist loss" and they would take care of it with a deductible of $250 without my rates going up. It still sucks that some bastard hits my baby and just drives away like nothing...fucking bastard

06 HD Softail
    1998 Trans Am m6

Probly some 16 year old girl on her cell phone

Thread Information