Thread: hhmm??

Red
    1999 Pontiac Trans-Am

hhmm??

Hey I just got the LM1 exaust installed on my car yesterday but I notice at stop lights or at a stop sign when im at a complete stop it feels a little shaky under the floor boards,not all the time but now and then and its pretty noticable when it happens instead of using the clamps I had it proffesionaly welded on the car so you would'nt think it would be as shaky any input guys??? thanks

Red/Silver/Black/Red
    TA-G8-Expe-L200-Camaro

Post Bend It Away

To the rear of your clutch, I think after the Converters, there is an aluminum shielding around the pipe. The shielding is very close to the pipes and is probably hitting it due to vibrations. Take a heavy duty pair of pliers and bend it away from the pipe. I had this problem upon the installation of my pipes. Installation repositioning occur when they adjusted for the well. It's an easy fix for a lousy problem.

Happy Easter,
    Matthew

Quote Originally Posted by 1 RedHot TransAm View Post
    Hey I just got the LM1 exaust installed on my car yesterday but I notice at stop lights or at a stop sign when im at a complete stop it feels a little shaky under the floor boards,not all the time but now and then and its pretty noticable when it happens instead of using the clamps I had it proffesionaly welded on the car so you would'nt think it would be as shaky any input guys??? thanks

Does your car have Longtubes? If so they might be hitting the floor. If thats the case you'll need to get some hangers from the mufflex exhuast website.

98 Formula
    06 duramax

it sounds like the pipe is hitting the floor board. Look under there on the drivers side and see how much clearance you have. Like was mentioned, the mufflex bump stop would help with this.

Thread Information