Help on what to do.

This is a discussion on Help on what to do. within the General Help forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; Ok im new here so any help would be good done a few searchs myself and have come up with ...

Gold Coast, Australia.

2003 Gen 3 VY SS

Help on what to do.

Ok im new here so any help would be good done a few searchs myself and have come up with this in reguards to my VY SS 5.7L i have a 4L60E in it at the moment and yes thats stuffed now would i be better going backwards to a turbo 400. or up to a 6L90 E, 6 speed auto Here in Australia im not getting a straight answer seems no one really has an idea any help would be good except a rebuild on the 4L60 every where i have read sites say the Gearbox just can not handle the eng thanku..

Paterson/Ridgewood, NJ

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO M6

What mods do you have to the engine? Cam, heads, etc?

Super Moderator
    Mansfield, PA

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

I upgraded to a built 4L60E. I did a lot of research on the internet and talked to other builders before going with a Performabuilt unit. Just can not beat their two (2) year warranty which even covers you at the track. Details on the transmission in this thread: PerformaBuilt Level II - Pro Race (Build Pics)

Thread Information