Orange and Ghosty
    2001 WS6 m6

help please??? ws6 won't start

so, i came home today and parked my car... then decided to sweep the carpets. so i was going to move it into the shade.... got in, hit the key and all it did was crank... fuel pump maybe?? i did turn the key on and off a few times and never heard it kick on... ses light and check guages light stay on too. what am i getting into??

Need to get a scanner to the car and see what the code(s) is. SES is one thing but check gauges at the same time is strange - any idea from the gauges why that's on? Since it's cranking have to ask, there's plenty of gas in the tank, right?

2005 GTO M6 Black
    2000 Z28 A4 Red

Just about every fuel pump I have replaced never popped an SES code which have been many. Whack the bottom of the tank with a mallet and try it again. Also if you have a meter check to see if it is getting power. Also check the valve on the fuel rail and see if there is pressure going to it. No pressure but power to the pump and its probably a good bet it is out. If it starts after you wack the tank the pump is going out.

As far as how hard it depends on your level of skill. Me personally its easy but if you can change oil and thats about it it might be a little tough. Many people have cut access holes in the trunk which makes it much easier and quicker. On my car the worst part was the filler but then again my exhaust stops before the axle and wasnt in the way. I have an access hole now so 30mins tops remove/reinstall.

Miss Pennsylvania ls1blackbeauty98's Avatar

'98 Black Gone :(
    01 WS6 Midnight Blue

how long did it sit? dead battery? last time my battery died i had all the same symptoms

Orange and Ghosty
    2001 WS6 m6

i checked the fuses and they're all good... battery is strong... cranks very hard... all the gauges look good, fuel in tank, oil pressure raises as it cranks... need to locate a scanner and see what the deal is... i have to go away to work for the week tho... thanks guys...

Thread Information