purple
    1996 camaro z28

Help!!!!! Please.... Motor Wont Run

hey whats up i got problem i got a 96 camaro i brought with a stroker motor built but not installed. i installed it and hooked everything up. there was no knock sensor so i put one in. also the crank sensor and plug was missing so i installed a new plug and put the sensor in and its displaying codes P0335 Crankshaft Position Sensor A Circuit Malfunction
    P0336 Crankshaft Position Sensor A Circuit Range/Performance. the crank sensor plug wires i believe are correct the middle one was correct and when the code came up i switched the outter wires that i wasnt sure of to see if that would work but they still come on. the car starts but in order to u must have the throttle open all the way and its hard to start after the first time it turns on. when the car is running it wont idle and u gotta open and close the throttle in order to keep it on. when u try to turn it on again it backfires. the plugs look to be burning well. so ANY suggestions would GREATLY be appreciated!!!!!!!!!! thanks .....
    Last edited by stroked96; 09-16-2006 at 12:15 AM. Reason: wrong code number

98 Formula
    06 duramax

p0135 is an O2 code and there is no p0136. Not sure if I can even help you but post up the actual codes you're getting and that might help someone else help you out.

you have to make sure your firing order is correct first. And all your sensors are plugged in.. If that is done, I'd pull the valve covers and do a valve adjustment. If the valves are too tight, you wont get compression and barely run.. or misfire .. Adjusting the valves is very tricky. You should use a feeler gauge to get the right amount of clearance. Its very easy to get them too too tight and then the valve won't open and close properly. Its easier to adjust the valves with the spark plugs out since you have to rotate the engine to the top dead center of the #1 cylinder and then rotating a few more times while you adjust the valves.

If you or someone has been in the motor, I'd check those valves!

purple
    1996 camaro z28

Thumbs up

actually the guy that built the motor dynoed it and sent it to our guy which we traded a few things 4 but he never touched it. it was ready to drop in the only thing we did was put the valve covers and intake / all the rest of the little things on it. il check that tho.. thanx.....

even just one rocker arm that is too tight will cause the whole engine to act crazy and set all sorts of codes. I changed the head gaskets on my camaro and tightened on intake valve too tight and the #3 cylinder had no compression because of it.. And so the cylinder was dead and caused a huge misfire. If you check your compression on each cylinder, that could help direct you to any internal problems and on which cylinder its happening on. And you cant really go by the engine trouble code in that case because I was getting a random misfire and some other code and it was only happening on the #3 cylinder.

Thread Information