Thread: Help Please!

Metallic Blue
    2001 Chevrolet Camaro Z28

Help Please!

I am asking this question for a buddy, and I would appreciate the help myself. My buddy called me and said that his car hits the limiter in all gears while racing it. He doesn't shift it manually and as far as I know it does not have a programmer. The tranny was just re-built and a UMI 3500 stall was installed. Why would the car hit the limiter in all gears?

98 Formula
    06 duramax

his shift points need adjusted after the stall.

Metallic Blue

Quote Originally Posted by 0rion View Post
    his shift points need adjusted after the stall.
    so it needs to be tuned for the stall

On your ass flashing
    my highbeams

That would be a big yes.

98 Formula
    06 duramax

Quote Originally Posted by Blue_01_Z28 View Post
    so it needs to be tuned for the stall
    yep, there are a couple of other areas that *might* need to be addressed also such as lock up points and misfire counts. He may run into a problem with his stall locking and unlocking randomly which is caused by misfire counts. Doesn't happen to everyone but it does to some....myself included. I had to disable misfire detection down low so the convertor would stay locked. Get in touch with frost on here about doing a mail order tune for your buddy. $125 and he can take care of all that.

99 Z28 04 Corvette

yep, there are a couple of other areas that *might* need to be addressed also such as lock up points and misfire counts. He may run into a problem with his stall locking and unlocking randomly which is caused by misfire counts. Doesn't happen to everyone but it does to some....myself included. I had to disable misfire detection down low so the convertor would stay locked. Get in touch with frost on here about doing a mail order tune for your buddy. $125 and he can take care of all that.
    I think mine does this. I can be cruising 65 n my RPMs jump up for a minute or two. Whats up with this?? drives me crazyyyy

Metallic Blue

Cool, Thanks you have been most helpful. I will let my buddy know about the tune and see what he thinks.

98 Formula
    06 duramax

Quote Originally Posted by 1986camarojoe View Post
    I think mine does this. I can be cruising 65 n my RPMs jump up for a minute or two. Whats up with this?? drives me crazyyyy
    it has to do with the lighter rotational mass of the smaller stall. It triggers false misfire counts which then unlocks the convertor. My best guess is GM set it up this way so that if a car is misfiring real bad the convertor won't lock creating additional load on the engine. You have to desensitize or disable the counts in the lower rpm's.

Thread Information