Results 1 to 14 of 14

Help!!!! Please!!!!

This is a discussion on Help!!!! Please!!!! within the General Help forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; I rebuiilt the engine in my camaro and put it in and now it starts but run like shit, Stock ...

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Knightstown, IN
    Posts
    81

    white
    2000 camaro Z-28

    Help!!!! Please!!!!

    I rebuiilt the engine in my camaro and put it in and now it starts but run like shit, Stock block,crank, rods. T/R T-rex cam arp rod/head bolts ported heads, L/T headers, other small stuff. I can't figure out why it's running like this. Any advise would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks
    Mac

  2. #2
    Veteran 0rion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    ohio
    Posts
    22,519

    98 Formula
    06 duramax

    is the car tuned for the cam?

  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Pittsburgh,PA
    Posts
    205
    a Trex is one hell of a cam and needs alot of attention to the tune to get it ot run right. also did you rebuild/install motor properly

  4. #4
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Knightstown, IN
    Posts
    81

    white
    2000 camaro Z-28

    The car isn't tuned to the T-Rex cam it's tuned to the smaller 224/224 cam that I had before. As far as the build it was built right and installed right to the best of my know how, this is my first ls1 build, but I've installed and taken out an ls1 too many times.
    Quote Originally Posted by Quik View Post
    a Trex is one hell of a cam and needs alot of attention to the tune to get it ot run right. also did you rebuild/install motor properly

  5. #5
    Veteran 0rion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    ohio
    Posts
    22,519

    98 Formula
    06 duramax

    Quote Originally Posted by JMac View Post
    The car isn't tuned to the T-Rex cam it's tuned to the smaller 224/224 cam that I had before. As far as the build it was built right and installed right to the best of my know how, this is my first ls1 build, but I've installed and taken out an ls1 too many times.
    there's your problem.....you need a tune. The t-rex is way different than that 224.

  6. #6
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Knightstown, IN
    Posts
    81

    white
    2000 camaro Z-28

    I don't have the exhast finished yet either just headers right now. Would this cause it to miss also?
    Quote Originally Posted by 0rion View Post
    there's your problem.....you need a tune. The t-rex is way different than that 224.

  7. #7
    Veteran 0rion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    ohio
    Posts
    22,519

    98 Formula
    06 duramax

    if you're running straight headers there's a very good chance it's sucking a little air up far enough to effect the O2's. Best to put exhaust on it and get it tuned.

  8. #8
    Grand Imperial Wizard Sarge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Texas Department of Corrections
    Posts
    18,129
    Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

    Your old cam spoke German. Your new cam speaks Brazilian. You have the Brazilian cam in and your motor is trying to speak German to it. Tune it so they all can speak together
    And yes I know they speak Portuguese in Brazil.

  9. #9
    Senior Member TransAm11973's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    in my Trans Am
    Posts
    2,630

    Black
    2000 Trans Am WS6

    Quote Originally Posted by Sarge View Post
    Your old cam spoke German. Your new cam speaks Brazilian. You have the Brazilian cam in and your motor is trying to speak German to it. Tune it so they all can speak together
    And yes I know they speak Portuguese in Brazil.
    i have a good friend who is brazilian......i will send him over in a cardboard box....just make sure you are gonna be home b/c i know he wont wanna be in there all day waiting for you to get home

  10. #10
    515 HP TrickFlow Package BADASS2000SS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Palm Beach, FL
    Age
    40
    Posts
    1,702

    440 RWHP / 410 TQ
    2000 SLP CAMARO SS

    Wont he need someone that speaks German as well?
    2000 SLP Camaro SS M6 * 515 HP TrickFlow Package * FAST 92 MM Intake * Nick Williams 92 MM TB * Volant CAI * Granatelli MAF * Full Custom True Dual Exhaust with X-Pipe * Tuned by Breathless Performance

  11. #11
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Knightstown, IN
    Posts
    81

    white
    2000 camaro Z-28

    Yeah I figured that it was probably creating havoc on the O2's I was planning on getting exhast put on it, I was just trying to figure out what the hell was going on first.
    Quote Originally Posted by 0rion View Post
    if you're running straight headers there's a very good chance it's sucking a little air up far enough to effect the O2's. Best to put exhaust on it and get it tuned.

  12. #12
    Senior Member TransAm11973's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    in my Trans Am
    Posts
    2,630

    Black
    2000 Trans Am WS6

    Quote Originally Posted by BADASS2000SS View Post
    Wont he need someone that speaks German as well?
    yes... i do beleive so, and someone who speaks both portugese and german

  13. #13
    Veteran 0rion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    ohio
    Posts
    22,519

    98 Formula
    06 duramax

    Quote Originally Posted by JMac View Post
    Yeah I figured that it was probably creating havoc on the O2's I was planning on getting exhast put on it, I was just trying to figure out what the hell was going on first.
    it's probably 90% tune related. That t-rex is night and day compared to the 224.

  14. #14
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Knightstown, IN
    Posts
    81

    white
    2000 camaro Z-28

    I figured it would be, I can't wait to drive the damn thing! Hell I haven't even had a chance to break the engine in yet. U guys wouldn't know anybody close to this area that can tune it for me and not charge me a arm and a leg do ya?
    Quote Originally Posted by 0rion View Post
    it's probably 90% tune related. That t-rex is night and day compared to the 224.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •