Help-My hawk is loosing power ????

This is a discussion on Help-My hawk is loosing power ???? within the General Help forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; 6sp hawk (2000) Every gear when I hit 2500 or just below on the tach, the power just drops out ...

NBM
    2000 Firehawk

Question Help-My hawk is loosing power ????

6sp hawk (2000)

Every gear when I hit 2500 or just below on the tach, the power just drops out of it... its still accellerates but it might as well be the gf's buick. Then once the tach clears the 3000 or so range its like I matted the pedal and it's right back in it like a bat outta hell.

Was thinking perhaps a clogged injector? But that would throw a code wouldnt it?

So far I've got no codes whatsoever.

Been doing this for a while now and I dont want to screw it up anymore than it is.

Any ideas or had this experience.

98 Formula
    06 duramax

almost sounds like a knock issue. Have you ever logged the car?

NBM
    2000 Firehawk

Logged the car?? I'm afraid I've been away from the forums and LS1 chat for a long time now (Family)... Have no idea what logging is... I remember hearing nock before - though dont remember what causes or how to get rid of....

white
    90 Mustang 5.0

start with the basic things that you should do anyways, if you havent already. new plugs, wires, fuel filter and clean your air filter. throw a bottle of chevron techron in your tank and work from there. with no codes its hard to know whats going wrong with your engine other then maybe it needing a tune up.

98 Formula
    06 duramax

The only reason I said that is because since my heads/cam install I've been having a knock retard issue due to the extra valvetrain noise and it sounds exactly as you describe when the pcm pulls a bunch of timing. I'll get into the throttle and it'll accelerate up through the rpms until ~2000 or so rpm then it's like I put 1 foot on the brake until 3000 rpms or so then it accelerates hard again. I looked at my log and you can see the timing being pulled right in that area. After desensitizing the knock sensors everything is good again.
    There are several companies that make logging software. Auto-tap, efilive, and hptuners are the most popular. I've used all 3 at one time or another and hptuners is the best but it's also what I use to tune with so it was bundled with it. If you don't wanna pay the cash I'm sure you can find someone local to you that has it and would do a log for you either on here or a local f-body board.
    By all means take 310stangers advice and check all the usual suspects. It could be something mechanical just as easy. Hard to diagnose on here with your description but a log would be a handy thing to have. Any mods on the car and are there any other symptoms that something might not be quite right?
    I just read another post below this one that might also apply to you. Plugged cats will cause these same symptoms.

Thread Information