Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Help!!! Motor burning oil?

This is a discussion on Help!!! Motor burning oil? within the General Help forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; Originally Posted by YoMommasTA weird but i noticed the same exact thing.We were using 1 qt in 400 miles at ...

White
    '10 ZR1

Quote Originally Posted by YoMommasTA View Post
    weird but i noticed the same exact thing.We were using 1 qt in 400 miles at times.I took the thing out and hammered the sheeet out of it for about 100 miles,now its using about 1 qt every 2-3k miles.By the way while hammering it i scared the piss outta myself on a 2-3 shift somewhere over the 100 mph mark,neat stuff.
    You've got that right on the 2-3 shift........try it after putting on a supercharger once.......the damn car gets all kinds of sideways just after the 1-2 shift!

i almost lost it and put it into the guiderail,came home thinking if i had what i would say to my wife about her car.Hey honey i fixed the oil burning problem,but the engine is someplace along rt248 along with my shorts.Trouble with her car is she drives speed limits MAX and is a super slow driver.Her cars always go 200k,the bodies fall apart from rust and engine-trans are still running strong.
    Last edited by YoMommasTA; 11-01-2006 at 01:32 PM.

SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by KageSS View Post
    This is what you should do.

Replace your POS original PCV valve with #12572717 updated fixed orifice type valve.

http://www.mightyautoparts.com/pdf/articles/tt122.pdf

That should help out alot on the burning oil situation.
    Good link. That pretty much explains the issue.

I just stuck a breather filter on mine though, I can't stand having oil get sucked into the intake manifold.

White
    '10 ZR1

Quote Originally Posted by YoMommasTA View Post
    i almost lost it and put it into the guiderail,came home thinking if i had what i would say to my wife about her car.Hey honey i fixed the oil burning problem,but the engine is someplace along rt248 along with my shorts.Trouble with her car is she drives speed limits MAX and is a super slow driver.Her cars always go 200k,the bodies fall apart from rust and engine-trans are still running strong.
    Nice!

Black on Black
    2000 Trans Am Ws6

Thank you all very much and going to get it taken care of this winter!! Since its parked for the next 6 months, cant wait till spring

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information