silver
    2002 WS6 Trans Am

Help!!! Missfire

I have a 98 camaro , I was driving it home car was running fine doing about 60. Got off on to a main road and slowed down to about 35 and the car started missing and pulled the ses light then it started flashing. I got it home and run the codes po 307 #7 misfire, po351 coil 1 malfunction, and a po353 #3 coil malfunction . Changed all plugs and put in new ngk tr55, and two new coils, now still got the #7 misfire. Any suggestions?

black
    2002 WS6

A couple of things to check, are to move the coil pack and see if the missfire follows, check the injector for function and check the coil wire as well. Best ideas I can come up with.

silver
    2002 WS6 Trans Am

found out i broke some valvesprings. a few friends said it has had a bigger cam put in it and stock valve springs were used. now i need to put new valvesprings in. any idea on what springs to use????????????////

Black
    1999 TA WS.6

Quote Originally Posted by tcondra View Post
    found out i broke some valvesprings. a few friends said it has had a bigger cam put in it and stock valve springs were used. now i need to put new valvesprings in. any idea on what springs to use????????????////
    If any stock cam was put in there with stock springs 1) that guy was a total dumbass 2) it must be relatively small to even last 100 miles or whatever

If you knew what cam you had it would be easier. I have a set of 16 GM Yellow springs for sale. They would "probably" work. But we dont know what lift etc were dealing with. Ugh. Probably a 26918 part number from COMP.

silver
    2002 WS6 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by Hi-Po View Post
    If any stock cam was put in there with stock springs 1) that guy was a total dumbass 2) it must be relatively small to even last 100 miles or whatever

If you knew what cam you had it would be easier. I have a set of 16 GM Yellow springs for sale. They would "probably" work. But we dont know what lift etc were dealing with. Ugh. Probably a 26918 part number from COMP.
    i bought the car a year ago with 70,000 miles on it. it's got 90000 on it now. i have had to replace 2 so far now broke some more. i dont race it i just take it to carshows and to doctors visits because im getting ready to have a third back surgery so i dont work right now. the car came from texas. so i dont know whats been done to it but can tell that it has been worked on because it has new gaskets on the heads, timingcover and has lunati push rods in it

black
    2002 WS6

I would suggest then on replacing them all with a quality aftermarket spring from crane or compition cams. Probably somthing for a mild cam. I'm not sure what all ther is for options though. I would also guess and this is just a guess the it may be a good idea to do push rods as well since you will have ot cracked open and the valve train seem to be sketchy.

Thread Information