Thread: help me

red
    2002 camaroz28

Unhappy help me

hi guys can you help me with this one?, i get a code p1133, what is it and how can i fix it?, can i drive it?, i live in minnesota, around bloomington, where can i get it fixed thanks, the car 2002 camaro, headers ,true dules. maf, lid. nos. thanks again,

P1133 is 02 sensor Insufficient Switching, bank 1 sensor 1 (drivers side pre cat). Did you just get your headers? Look for an exhaust leak near the sensor, the connector terminals, damaged wiring, or just a bad 02. Safe to drive it to get a new one.

SOM
    '01 Camaro SS

That's a common code for a car with headers. Basically, the O2 has become somewhat "lazy" since it has been relocated further down the exhaust stream. The quick test to make sure it's the actual sensor is to have the code reset and switch the B1S1 NBO2 sensor with the B2S1 NBO2 sensor. If the code follows the O2 sensor (P1153), then the sensor is your problem. Some replace their front O2's with the Corvette rear O2 sensors as they tend to run a little hotter.

Life in the Fast lane sunsetorangess's Avatar

Met. Sunset Orange
    01 SS

I agree with sspd. After my header instail about 40 miles later, I throw a code and it turned out too be "lazy" 02 sensors, The reason is bc i got ceramic coated headers and it began too flake on the inside and contamindated my sensors. I just replaced them with two diff sensors and so far so good.
    J
    2001 SS, Its not the car its the Driver that matters....

red
    2002 camaroz28

Thumbs up

thanks, it looks like a header leak, the gasget is bad.,

red
    2002 camaroz28

i live in minnesota, bloomington, does somebody know where i can get it fixed, my header gasget?

SOM
    '01 Camaro SS

Just unplug the plug wires and change it yourself. If it's still hard to get to, you can take the coil packs and AIR stuff off too. Shouldn't take more than an hour or two.

Red
    1998 Pontiac Trans Am

Best advice, just take the bracket off and move the entire coil out of the way at once as well as the air system like sspd said. It's a bitch to get out at first, but when you put it back together, just bolt the front 3 in place and not the rear 3, just so they are accesible. It's a bracket so your coild won't budge. I had issues with header leaks, if I were you, get a good set of locking header bolts like stage 8 lockers, breslins, or even the ARP header studs. I recommend the studs or breslins, stage 8's IMO are a PITA. You won't have a leak again. Use Copper gaskets as well, they seal a lot better than the composite or paper gaskets. Drive your car till it gets warm, then re tighten the bolts to make sure they are locked in.

Thread Information