grey
    viper replica

help with ignition sequence?

hello, I´m a swedish guy who have some problems, I have installed an after market electrical controller so i need too know some ignition questions
    but my english i not so good I hop some one can help mee.

At first i wanna know how the ignition sequence is ?
    and a picture of the enging so I can see where the diffrent ignitions are.

second a wanna know wich angle it is between fist ingnition and second? (how much the crank shaft is turning frome the first piston is at the top to next piston is in the top.

I also have a question of the cam sensor wtich cabel i signal? gnd? +?

the injectors how many cc is they on?

thanks

mvh jonas halleborg

SOM
    '01 Camaro SS

Stock firing order is: 1-8-7-2-6-5-4-3

Stock injector flow rate for an '02 (28lb injectors) is 3.617188 grams/second.
    Stock injector flow rate for an '99 (26lb injectors) is 3.328125 grams/second.

The crank spins twice as fast as the cam. On the initial stroke where the #1 piston is at top dead center, the piston drops and draws the air/fuel mixture in, then compresses, the mixture is ignited pushing the piston down and then it returns to the top pushing the exhaust out of the cylinder. The process then starts all over again.

That means, a cylinder will fire every 90 degrees the crank spins over.

As for the cam sensor wiring, you should be able to check that with a volt meter. The signal wire should be a 5-volt signal if I remember right.

grey
    viper replica

Quote Originally Posted by SSpdDmon View Post
    Stock firing order is: 1-8-7-2-6-5-4-3

Click for full size

Stock injector flow rate for an '02 (28lb injectors) is 3.617188 grams/second.
    Stock injector flow rate for an '99 (26lb injectors) is 3.328125 grams/second.

The crank spins twice as fast as the cam. On the initial stroke where the #1 piston is at top dead center, the piston drops and draws the air/fuel mixture in, then compresses, the mixture is ignited pushing the piston down and then it returns to the top pushing the exhaust out of the cylinder. The process then starts all over again.

That means, a cylinder will fire every 90 degrees the crank spins over.

As for the cam sensor wiring, you should be able to check that with a volt meter. The signal wire should be a 5-volt signal if I remember right.
    thank you.
    some more questions.
    the injectors i they high or low ohms?

witch fuel pressure is it if it flows like an ´99? you don´t meen 3.328125 millisecond/grams? ( I have to print in the computer how many milliseconds it goes on one gram fuel)

some one who kown witch spin the cam sensor givs the signal 0-360 degress or 360-720degress?

SOM
    '01 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by hallenborg View Post
    thank you.
    some more questions.
    the injectors i they high or low ohms?

witch fuel pressure is it if it flows like an ´99? you don´t meen 3.328125 millisecond/grams? ( I have to print in the computer how many milliseconds it goes on one gram fuel)

some one who kown witch spin the cam sensor givs the signal 0-360 degress or 360-720degress?
    Do you mean high impedance or low impedance injectors? I'm not sure about stock - I believe they're considered high impedance. Maybe someone else is certain.

The fuel pressure is constant for all LS1's (well, it's supposed to be) at 4-bar or 58psi. The injectors are supposed to flow as listed. In 1 second, they flow 3.xx grams of fuel depending on the model year and assuming no manifold vacuum (full throttle). That translates to 26.4 and 28.7lbs/hour depending on model year.

If you do take into effect manifold vacuum (like the stock PCM does), the injectors actually flow more fuel. For example, an '02 28lb injector actually flows ~31.45lbs/hour (or 4.985grams/sec) when manifold vacuum reaches 80kPa (during deceleration). This is because our fuel system is providing a constant fuel pressure. Manifold vacuum (when present) actually helps to draw more fuel through the injectors - kind of like using a drinking straw.

Hope that's not too confusing.
    Last edited by SSpdDmon; 04-04-2007 at 11:34 AM.

Thread Information