Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Help Choosing Break Rotors

This is a discussion on Help Choosing Break Rotors within the General Help forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; Originally Posted by 0rion I agree and understand what you were saying and that statement is true some or most ...

Quote Originally Posted by 0rion View Post
    I agree and understand what you were saying and that statement is true some or most of the time. Just not sure if it fits for these rotors though. I went in skeptical but with an open mind when I bought mine and I can honestly say I've been very happy with them. When I bought them I paid $180 shipped for all 4. Basically half price or less of most rotors and cheaper than putting stockers back on. I've had mine on 2 or 3 years I think.
    true dat.......iv heard of xtreme stop rotors BUT never tryed them, i seen them in person, looks like a good rotor, not some cheap shit

Orion has helped me a ton with various things, and when he recommended these rotors I didn't hesitate.
    I took his word for it and bought a complete set, still selling for the price that he listed too. I couldn't have been happier. Still am.

And ya he is right, they are cheaper than putting the stockers back on. After the money I have spent on several blanks that kept warping it's heartbreaking

White
    2002 Camaro z28

Quote Originally Posted by Blackbird-WS6 View Post
    i understand....i when i said "you get what you pay for" it was just a random, wasnt saying those brands where bad or whatnot....as long as you buy something that is proven and not some junk just b/c it looks cool (lol) then you should be fine
    I mean let's face it, your going to see the rotors through my new rims so I don't want something that looks like crap all rusted and beat up. But I didn't want to get something that looks good if I'm going to have to replace them in a year or so. Or if they wouldn't work as well as what I have now. Not to mention I didn't want to pay $200 a rotor either. Personally the whole showing off your brakes and rotors thing never impressed me but if your going to see them then I want them to look decent.

Quote Originally Posted by djeazyg View Post
    I mean let's face it, your going to see the rotors through my new rims so I don't want something that looks like crap all rusted and beat up. But I didn't want to get something that looks good if I'm going to have to replace them in a year or so. Or if they wouldn't work as well as what I have now. Not to mention I didn't want to pay $200 a rotor either. Personally the whole showing off your brakes and rotors thing never impressed me but if your going to see them then I want them to look decent.
    you need to get zink coated, the whole rotor will have a zink finish (black or gold) within a couple miles the zink will wear off only where the pad hits the rotor, the rest will stay coated and not rust or anything

White
    2002 Camaro z28

Quote Originally Posted by Blackbird-WS6 View Post
    you need to get zink coated, the whole rotor will have a zink finish (black or gold) within a couple miles the zink will wear off only where the pad hits the rotor, the rest will stay coated and not rust or anything
    The "R1 Concepts" that I bought are Zinc coated. I made sure of it because the car isn't garage kept. Not yet anyway. Just a car cover.

Quote Originally Posted by djeazyg View Post
    The "R1 Concepts" that I bought are Zinc coated. I made sure of it because the car isn't garage kept. Not yet anyway. Just a car cover.

i would always try and get the zink coating, garaged or not, just good knowing they will not rust, i hate that shit as well...makes a 2month old rotor look 5years old lol

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information