Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 26 of 26

Help Choosing Break Rotors

This is a discussion on Help Choosing Break Rotors within the General Help forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; Originally Posted by 0rion I agree and understand what you were saying and that statement is true some or most ...

  1. #21
    Veteran Blackbird WS6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    van down by the river
    Posts
    1,937
    Quote Originally Posted by 0rion View Post
    I agree and understand what you were saying and that statement is true some or most of the time. Just not sure if it fits for these rotors though. I went in skeptical but with an open mind when I bought mine and I can honestly say I've been very happy with them. When I bought them I paid $180 shipped for all 4. Basically half price or less of most rotors and cheaper than putting stockers back on. I've had mine on 2 or 3 years I think.
    true dat.......iv heard of xtreme stop rotors BUT never tryed them, i seen them in person, looks like a good rotor, not some cheap shit

  2. #22
    Moderator Firebirdjones's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    12,552
    Orion has helped me a ton with various things, and when he recommended these rotors I didn't hesitate.
    I took his word for it and bought a complete set, still selling for the price that he listed too. I couldn't have been happier. Still am.

    And ya he is right, they are cheaper than putting the stockers back on. After the money I have spent on several blanks that kept warping it's heartbreaking

  3. #23
    Junior Member djeazyg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Reading PA
    Posts
    51

    White
    2002 Camaro z28

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackbird-WS6 View Post
    i understand....i when i said "you get what you pay for" it was just a random, wasnt saying those brands where bad or whatnot....as long as you buy something that is proven and not some junk just b/c it looks cool (lol) then you should be fine
    I mean let's face it, your going to see the rotors through my new rims so I don't want something that looks like crap all rusted and beat up. But I didn't want to get something that looks good if I'm going to have to replace them in a year or so. Or if they wouldn't work as well as what I have now. Not to mention I didn't want to pay $200 a rotor either. Personally the whole showing off your brakes and rotors thing never impressed me but if your going to see them then I want them to look decent.

  4. #24
    Veteran Blackbird WS6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    van down by the river
    Posts
    1,937
    Quote Originally Posted by djeazyg View Post
    I mean let's face it, your going to see the rotors through my new rims so I don't want something that looks like crap all rusted and beat up. But I didn't want to get something that looks good if I'm going to have to replace them in a year or so. Or if they wouldn't work as well as what I have now. Not to mention I didn't want to pay $200 a rotor either. Personally the whole showing off your brakes and rotors thing never impressed me but if your going to see them then I want them to look decent.
    you need to get zink coated, the whole rotor will have a zink finish (black or gold) within a couple miles the zink will wear off only where the pad hits the rotor, the rest will stay coated and not rust or anything

  5. #25
    Junior Member djeazyg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Reading PA
    Posts
    51

    White
    2002 Camaro z28

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackbird-WS6 View Post
    you need to get zink coated, the whole rotor will have a zink finish (black or gold) within a couple miles the zink will wear off only where the pad hits the rotor, the rest will stay coated and not rust or anything
    The "R1 Concepts" that I bought are Zinc coated. I made sure of it because the car isn't garage kept. Not yet anyway. Just a car cover.

  6. #26
    Veteran Blackbird WS6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    van down by the river
    Posts
    1,937
    Quote Originally Posted by djeazyg View Post
    The "R1 Concepts" that I bought are Zinc coated. I made sure of it because the car isn't garage kept. Not yet anyway. Just a car cover.


    i would always try and get the zink coating, garaged or not, just good knowing they will not rust, i hate that shit as well...makes a 2month old rotor look 5years old lol

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Engine Break-In Guide - Break-In Without Breakin'
    By Ed Blown Vert in forum Firebird / WS6
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-17-2011, 10:40 AM
  2. Need help choosing C6's...
    By tpilews in forum Wheels and Tires
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 07-14-2010, 10:48 PM
  3. check out this break dancer break
    By pecha in forum Almost Anything Goes
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 02-23-2009, 10:20 PM
  4. Help: Help choosing a cam
    By 99TransAmSLP in forum Internal Engine
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 08-03-2008, 07:50 AM
  5. New Rotors and Pads, any break-in needed?
    By amon37 in forum Suspension and Handling
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 01-12-2007, 03:01 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •