Help! Car Won't Start...

This is a discussion on Help! Car Won't Start... within the General Help forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; I took my car to the car wash today, washed it and went to start it and nothing. I put ...

Help! Car Won't Start...

I took my car to the car wash today, washed it and went to start it and nothing. I put the igntion in the on position and i got a very dim "Air Bag" Light and an occasional blinking "SES" light. I put the ignition back into the off position and it started making the chime when you leave your keys in the car when the door is open (the door was open) but very rapidly and the LED security like was blinking like crazy. I took the keys out after that and it was making a clicking noise from the glove box area. I thought maybe the battery was dead so i tried to jump it...nothing. Same deal. Anyone have any ideas? I'm clueless..

Rapid clicking trying to start is classic low voltage/bad connections. Did you wash the engine compartment?

Quote Originally Posted by 2001NBMZ28
    Rapid clicking trying to start is classic low voltage/bad connections. Did you wash the engine compartment?
    No, just the outside of the car.

Check your battery voltage with a digital volt meter - and try another key, maybe it's a VATS problem?

I tried to jump it before, and i just tried a new key a few minutes ago. It sounded normal when i had the key in the off position but as soon as i turned it to the on position it did the same crap.

You're getting clicking from the starter solenoid when trying to start the car? I'm still thinking it might be the battery.

Quote Originally Posted by 2001NBMZ28
    You're getting clicking from the starter solenoid when trying to start the car? I'm still thinking it might be the battery.
    It's not the solenoid that's clicking. The clicking is coming from the glove box area.

navy blue
    2002 Z-28 Camaro M6

Sounds like a dead battery-sometimes jumping a really dead battery doesn't work. Need to read the voltage at the battery and test it. Take it out and go to Autozone and get it tested.

From inside the car the solenoid will sound like it's coming from the glove box area. You can have voltage, but not enough amps to turn the car over. If you still have the problem take the battery somewhere and have it load tested.

navy blue
    2002 Z-28 Camaro M6

I was reading the symptoms and came to that conclusion,not a wild guess. It sounds like a low voltage situation,I've had cars lose enough voltage in like 15-20 minutes from a hood light to not want to start.

Thread Information