Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Help Anyone.....Please

This is a discussion on Help Anyone.....Please within the General Help forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; how do i install that?...

Black
    2000 Trans Am WS6

how do i install that?

Awaiting Activation

black
    2004 gto

its the rubber pad in between the trans and the trans crossmember...i think 2 bolts in the trans and 2 in the crossmember and you have to jack up the back of the tranny...someone correct me if im wrong but im assuming its about the same as my 84 camaros have had..

I have a need for speed! jigger1166's Avatar

Artic White
    00 SS Vert.

Quote Originally Posted by TransAm11973 View Post
    how do i install that?
    This link will explain how it's done.

http://www.installuniversity.com/ins...sity/index.htm

click on "Install Documents"
    Then scroll down to "Transmission", and at the bottom, Click on "Trans. Mount Replacement"

Onyx Black
    2002 Camaro SS

When you go into wheel hop on a launch, your drivetrain is loading and unloading very violently!

I installed some boxed lower control arms and my wheel hop problems went away completely, even with Drag Radials.
    2002 Camaro SS - SLP # 7744
    SLP SFC
    SLP Blackwing
    SLP Panhard Bar
    SLP LCA's
    SLP 85mm MAF
    SLP 160 degree stat
    SLP Y-pipe
    Diablo Tuner

Quote Originally Posted by GTO_Kroh View Post
    its the rubber pad in between the trans and the trans crossmember...i think 2 bolts in the trans and 2 in the crossmember and you have to jack up the back of the tranny...someone correct me if im wrong but im assuming its about the same as my 84 camaros have had..
    Yes they are,,,,using the same torque arm type setup. Although the torque arm mounts a little differently,,,,the actual transmission mount has been virtually unchanged over the years. They are the same for the manuals as well as the automatics. Pep Boys carries them on the rack where all the other poly bushings are. They are very common. I believe a few other stores like Autozone will have them hanging on the shelf as well. About $20

Quote Originally Posted by pinky93 View Post
    When you go into wheel hop on a launch, your drivetrain is loading and unloading very violently!

I installed some boxed lower control arms and my wheel hop problems went away completely, even with Drag Radials.
    You can box them yourself as well,,,if you are handy with a welder.

I cut the steel and weld up my own. I really don't care for the poly mounts that the aftermarket arms come with,,,,the bushings are too stiff and transmitt too much noise throughout the car for my liking.

So I prefer to box up the stock arms with the stock rubber bushings.

Black
    2000 Trans Am WS6

yeah i just got my torque arm bushing, waiting on the trans mount bushing, gonna put both in at same time. I found where its hitting th tunnel so its gotta be the trans mount, but i thing it took its toll on the t/a bushing as well, i could flex the t/a with my hand pretty well, at least near the bushing, once i get them installed i think the prob will be gone, wondering how much diferently the car will react now.

Quote Originally Posted by TransAm11973 View Post
    yeah i just got my torque arm bushing, waiting on the trans mount bushing, gonna put both in at same time. I found where its hitting th tunnel so its gotta be the trans mount, but i thing it took its toll on the t/a bushing as well, i could flex the t/a with my hand pretty well, at least near the bushing, once i get them installed i think the prob will be gone, wondering how much diferently the car will react now.
    Well it will cure your problem for sure. I think the biggest thing you will notice is a bit more noise being transferred up from the rear of the car.

I have both torque arm and trans mount changed on my 6 speed car,,,and it definately transmits more noise through the shifter boot,,,and the shifter may rattle a little more from time to time.

On the automatic 4th gen we have,,,,I only installed the poly trans mount,,,still running the stock torque arm mount,,,,and even this still I noticed a slight amount of noise in the tunnel area.

None of this noise is really enough to bother most people,,,but it is something I notice.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information