HELP, air noise

This is a discussion on HELP, air noise within the General Help forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; my Heads/cammed WS6 just recently started making this loud whooshing air noise from under the hood yesterday. AS i rev ...

metallic blue
    2001 trans am ws6

HELP, air noise

my Heads/cammed WS6 just recently started making this loud whooshing air noise from under the hood yesterday. AS i rev and and let it wind down it's there and gets louder as i rev up and gets quieter as i rev down. i've checked for vacuum leaks and even sprayed starter fluid around the borders of intake manifold and nothing. my exhaust seems tight except for a few small pinholes around cat welds but they have always been there.

but the weird thing is i cant hear it from under the hood, just my intake sucking air and my noisy valvetrain so i can only hear it from inside the car and it is very loud from inside the car, however the engine seems to run fine, no idle problems or any noticeable performance decrease. any ideas?

Pewter
    2000 Pontiac Trans Am

is the SES light on?

when did it start making the noise? how long after you put the heads and cam on?

do you still have the baffles in your intake? not sure about ws6's but the sleek beak TA's have baffles to (i assume) quiet the intake/

metallic blue
    2001 trans am ws6

yes the SES light is on but it's p1122, a meaningless O2 sensor fail code u get with headers, frost says to get the code deleted and not to worry about it. it started doing it about a month after the swap i'd say. and i have no baffles and determined the sound is not coming from anything forward of the throttle body

Pewter
    2000 Pontiac Trans Am

check your AIR pipes. COMPLETE REDO of PCV System(pics writeup) i had a hole in the same place he did, it mad a hissing noise kinda like your describing.

Thread Information