Help again

This is a discussion on Help again within the General Help forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; Alright.. ive got some of my tax money back... and when i get all of them back its gonna total ...

Impounded

79 T/A -91 Firebird
    1998 Trans Am -Oynx Black

Help again

Alright.. ive got some of my tax money back... and when i get all of them back its gonna total about 1200 or more.. anyway..
    i could throw all of them on HP mods... but my tranny is starting to slip.. im still getting about 20-25 mpg.. but i feel like it is going to fail

Performabuilts are right at 2 grand.. should i just go ahead and buy this and save a tow trip when my tranny goes out...

or keep adding HP and buy it when it breaks...

Black
    1998 Trans Am

I'm assuming you have an auto, I would say get the tranny and a decent stall converter and rock on.

Blog Entries

09 EclipseGT 75 Chevy 4x4
    2001 Trans-Am 13 F-XT

Throw a cooler on it too.

Impounded

79 T/A -91 Firebird

Well.. another issue I forgot to bring up is its my DD... plus... if I get a new tranny and cooler and torque converter thats already about 3 grand.... plus me taking off work to throw in a tranny....

Blog Entries

09 EclipseGT 75 Chevy 4x4
    2001 Trans-Am 13 F-XT

Anyway you can plan for it if you know you need it instead of doing it when it just dies on the highway when your running late for work.

Impounded

79 T/A -91 Firebird

True.. work is only 1/2 mile away but oh well.... I know as soon as I get a new tranny the rear end will be destroyed due to rockhard shifts... lol... its a neverending process...
    How big of a beeotch are the bellhousing bolts to get 2? If I can make a 3 day excursion outta it i might be willing to do this...
    Hah. Im still buying my lid and my o2 sensors tho.. lol
    Debt is what a job is for

Ive got a real bad case of the converter unlocking-locking at low speeds btw

98 Formula
    06 duramax

I would personally get that tranny taken care of. There's really no sense in adding hp to a car with a tranny that's on it's last leg. You pay to add the hp then the tranny takes a dump on you. I don't really see a tranny shifting hard taking out your rear either.

Wants to be Snowboarding FuhBreezeE's Avatar

Stg IV a4
    '99 TA Ws777

Quote Originally Posted by 0rion View Post
    I would personally get that tranny taken care of. There's really no sense in adding hp to a car with a tranny that's on it's last leg. You pay to add the hp then the tranny takes a dump on you. I don't really see a tranny shifting hard taking out your rear either.
    Yes, sir. After my H/C/I install, my stock a4 slipped one time on me and called these guys...
    ***non-sponsor link***
    Last edited by 0rion; 02-14-2008 at 07:32 AM.

Bone it like you own it FORD RECOVERY EXPERT's Avatar

Black / Stryker Blue
    2K WS.6/ 2K9 G8GT

dont worry so much about the rear... an auto keeps a bind on the driveline, even when stalling up. its the 5500 rev and dump that kills the 10 bolt... the sudden shock is what results in broken $hit

Thread Information