Thread: help 383 kit

Black
    2001 camaro ss

help 383 kit

Ok just blowed up the ls1, block is still good so i wanna go with a 383 kit. Where can i get a complete balanced kit ready to install i found one on ebay that says complete balanced ready to install for $2,099. Shoot me whatever comments or tips ya got. Also if ya got anything better to add let me know just looking to go bigger but this block is good.... so i wanted to use this one. money is little tight right now.
    Last edited by chevyboy82188; 03-18-2009 at 05:19 PM. Reason: added more

Lunati sells a 383 kit but its about 3500 bucks

Phantom Black Metalic
    2005 GTO

Id go with the ebay one,check line bore on your block,what blew up?this would be a big factor in what I would do with the stock block,(not knowing what happened) should be able to find a good rotating assemblie cheap,and have them balance it.
    mods: custom built twins, built 408 w/l92 stock GM heads,GM matching intake,drag bags,frame ties,aluminum drive shaft, performabuilt 4l80e,Yank converter,ohios fastest and quickest 04-06 GTO 9.52 at 144mph. 1.50 60ft on stock rear end and shafts/suspension,on drag radials.

Black
    2001 camaro ss

Yea the ebay one is balanced and ready. Well a valve broke and put a hole in the piston but everything else is still fine its not a stock block though it was a aftermarket crate motor the builder that replaced the motor said it was the block that would be in the new gto's but i am going towards the the eagle ebay kit for 2,099 seems a good deal.

Thread Information