Thread: help

white
    2000 trans am

help

hey guys im installing my lth's on my trans am , im doing egr and air pump delete ,in the back on drivers side where all three hoses from the air pump meet there is a black thing that also has a small hard pastic vacuum hose that goes to a I think its a senser. can you tell me what this is and what do I do with the line that went to the black thing since I removed it

o.k just found out the name of the black thing its the sec. air injection shutoff valve three air hoses meet here. now from the top of shutoff valve theres a line that goes to the purge valve solenoid .what do I do with that line since I remove the shutoff valve. and where does the other line go that still connected to purge valve solenoid.do I still need this
    Last edited by jodmari; 08-30-2014 at 02:21 PM.

Navy Blue Metallic
    98 T/A w/ mods, 00 FBVert

That hose should travel along the drivers side of the fender well and into the air pump. You can remove it as well. Pull the fuse so it doesn't constantly run.

You can remove all the EGR and air pump stuff. Plug the intake egr port and you'll be good.

Look over these threads for any help you might need.

http://www.ls1.com/forums/f63/header...l-pics-133419/

http://www.ls1.com/forums/f63/header-install-117548/

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

This will help with the secondary air: http://www.ls1.com/forums/f6/seconda...emoval-130641/

white
    2000 trans am

thanks for the help im going to remove it all hoses,fuse and relay. but still would like to know where the other small dia.plastis vac line goes that comes off the solenoid. short one went to deverter ,the one in question goes around the back off the motor to pass side in to a harness
    Last edited by jodmari; 08-31-2014 at 07:16 AM.

white
    2000 trans am

ok so what I have read is it doesnt go into a harness it goes into the back of the intake and needs to be caped

white
    2000 trans am

one more question whats a better why to go stock coil wires or msd, there about the same price for me. and if I use stock wires should I use the metal heat shelds with the headers

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

Correct, the vacuum source line does need plugged off. Honestly, I doubt you will notice any difference between wire sets. FWIW, I run MSD wires and DEI heat sleeves in place of the stock metal jackets on our car. The MSD boots can be bent for additional header clearance.

white
    2000 trans am

thanks for all your help,
    Last edited by jodmari; 09-01-2014 at 06:39 AM.

Thread Information