Thread: Help

Black
    2001 Trans am ws6

Angry Help

I have an 01 Trans am ws6 stock car. I just got done racing an 03 cobra with supercharger, bigger lifters, bigger pullies, and lots of other mods, its got 500 hp. He beat me by 10 cars. Was wanting to know cheap mods to help me out. Or if anyone has an supercharger for sale, i might be interested. Please Help..

Black
    00 camaro ss M6 #6695

wow that sux man.. i knw how you feel..
    get headers cam and head plus a tuned.. and you could be close..
    or go for a turbo,,
    00 ss blk m6 " STOCK" strano springs, slp bilstein shocks, adj LCA, adj panhard bar, relocation brackets, 2 point SFCs welded,OEM zo6 rims black, magnaflow exhaust, CME exhaust,E/cutout, slp grille, custom front plate mount, HIDs, whistler mod, side moldings delete, slp air lid, ported and polished TB, strut tower brace, 3.73s gears, and some other parts to list!
    next to come,4.10s,ls7 clutch, ms3 or 228r cam, ported 243s, ls6 intake, ls6 oil pump. ls2 timing chain, longtube headers no cats, with a tune..
    02 tahoe Z71 blacked out
    00 jeep grand Cherokee limited on 22s.
    07 Dodge Charger R/T Inferno Red, Sold
    98 z28 red m6 sold
    07 zx6r ninja flat/black sold
    08 zx6r ninja sold

Black
    2001 Trans am ws6

yeah .. im thinking about tring to find i good used supercharger or some good used performance parts

2000 Trans Am

Cheap? Nothing a little nitrous cant fix.

Black
    2001 Trans am ws6

NO NO i dont spray nitrous threw my ride. Im just interested in parts right now and step by step what to buy

White
    2001 Z28

4.10s or 4.11s and some nice tires, some 243 heads and a trex cam y not beat him lol

2000 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by Ws6 Trans am 2001 View Post
    NO NO i dont spray nitrous threw my ride. Im just interested in parts right now and step by step what to buy
    Haha. Well it'd probably be alot more fun if you did.

Black
    2001 Trans am ws6

yeah, im thinking about getting a "True" dual exhaust any suggestions on that, plus headers?

On your ass flashing
    my highbeams

I have an 01 Trans am ws6 stock car. I just got done racing an 03 cobra with supercharger, bigger lifters, bigger pullies, and lots of other mods, its got 500 hp. He beat me by 10 cars. Was wanting to know cheap mods to help me out. Or if anyone has an supercharger for sale, i might be interested. Please Help..
    That would have made him slower

Realistically he has a smaller pulley and exhaust. There is no need for him to touch the lifter unless he messed with the cams. He would net more power with another s/c vs. cams especially with what it would cost him. Only way you are keeping up with that is heads and cam, cam and spray, or cam and boost.

2000 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by c5z28 View Post
    That would have made him slower

Realistically he has a smaller pulley and exhaust. There is no need for him to touch the lifter unless he messed with the cams. He would net more power with another s/c vs. cams especially with what it would cost him. Only way you are keeping up with that is heads and cam, cam and spray, or cam and boost.
    There's plenty of options for keeping up. It sounds like a cobra is the fastest thing in the world when you say it that way. Weight reduction, tire, and suspension will go a long way. Seat time to get the most out of everything.

OP - I just got rid of my tsp true duals and they were the best exhaust I ever ran. Felt great and tucked up better than my y pipe does now.

Custom Swirly Black
    2001 WS6 M6

Only way you are keeping up with that is heads and cam, cam and spray, or cam and boost.
    I agree here.

Exhaust is a good start but wont get you anywhere near that car.

Black
    2001 Trans am ws6

So what is a good site to tri and find True duals?

On your ass flashing
    my highbeams

Quote Originally Posted by 2000 View Post
    There's plenty of options for keeping up. It sounds like a cobra is the fastest thing in the world when you say it that way. Weight reduction, tire, and suspension will go a long way. Seat time to get the most out of everything.

OP - I just got rid of my tsp true duals and they were the best exhaust I ever ran. Felt great and tucked up better than my y pipe does now.
    A cobra with a pulley, exhaust and dr's runs high 11's all day. It doesn't matter the way I say it it doesn't change the reality of the matter.

On your ass flashing
    my highbeams

So what is a good site to tri and find True duals?
    Texas speed sells them, so does bassani. But if you want the best fitting duals get a custom job done. Having duals myself I like the way they sound, however y-pipes have shown to support 500rwhp on our 346ci's. If you look at the sticky in the external section there is a complete list of exhaust brands and prices.

2000 Trans Am

A cobra with a pulley, exhaust and dr's runs high 11's all day. It doesn't matter the way I say it it doesn't change the reality of the matter.
    When you say theres three options, thats it to hit a high 11, You couldnt be more wrong. With a proper set up car and most of what you said, you are sending alot of cars much much past high 11's. You even know if hes m6 or auto? Why not a converter, gear, full boltons, tire, suspension and see if your not sitting pretty close to that number with an enjoyable car to drive.

OP: You dont need to spend as much as this guy wants to go fast. What he is suggesting, most of those options have potention to hit tens easy but without a properly set up car that knows how to handle it, what good is it? Most off the shelf y pipes will never make the same power true duals will. You have to get them built in a certain manner to keep in the same ball park.

White
    2001 Z28

here u go just ask this guy lol

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rBa7XFDg7aE"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rBa7XFDg7aE[/ame]

Thread Information