Thread: Help

Silver
    1999 Camaro

Help

I just bought a 1999 Camaro SS.It runs great on hard acceleration.The only problem is it has a slight jerk/misfire on light acceleration or cruising speed between 25 and 60 mph.It does have a po 420 code for cats.But I dont think that would cause this problem.I have cleaned the maf and that didnt help.One GM tech told me that I probably had clogged injectors.If anyone can help I would appreciate it.Great website fellows.Thx in advance.

Silver
    1999 Camaro

Bump

2002 Camaro Z28

Welcome to the site. I would like to put a scanner on it to read misfires and see if you can spot one that is missing. Without a code related to a misfire I don't know how much help we can be other than recommending the obvious things like a tune up and such.
    Junkyard bought and "refurbished" 2002 Camaro Z28 - Pacetter Race LT's, TS&P ORY, Frost tune, Magnaflow, Ported TB, SLP Lid, Circle D 3000, 3.73's, SFC's.
    2009 Silverado Z71 - Magnaflow
    2008 Impala LTZ - Wife didn't want the V8 SS!

11 years of bangin gears cammed goat's Avatar

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO M6

Run some Seafoam or any fuel system cleaner through the tank and let us know how you make out. If the problem persists, you will have to replace your cats.

Thread Information